This has been an EPIC day.

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by The Teej, Mar 28, 2008.

Mar 28, 2008

This has been an EPIC day. by The Teej at 3:07 AM (964 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. The Teej
    OP

Former Staff The Teej Also known as The Tjalian

United Kingdom
    So, I woke up at 9:30am today, this is actually a little later then I would usually wake up for a thursday, but whatever. Instead of going to Uni like I should do, I decided to weigh up my priorities and skip the day to do my Personal Development and Planning coursework which is due for tomorrow.

This morning, I still needed to do a 2000 word Job Report on a vacancy of my choosing, a CV, a Covering Letter, a 1000 word reflective summary and an Interview (using software). Considering this has got to all be degree level, and not just some random crap, it was a mammoth task.

Oh, by the way, this has all got to be done by tomorrow.

Well, I managed to do the 2000 word job report. Actually, I managed to do 2,120 words. Slightly above the maximum limit, but somehow, I don't think my teacher will really care, and here's why. When writing through the report, I get a phone call from my friend asking for a copy of the team based work that we did a while back. As I got talking to her about this mammoth 2000 word report, it turns out that, out of a class of near 20, only the two of us were the only ones doing the report. Not only that, but a lot of the people had only done a few hundred words for the 1000 word report!

In light of this, our teacher said the people who have done the 2000 word report can hand it in as the 1000 word reflective summary seen as the criteria for both are almost identical. So, yeah, I've got 2,120 words. Considering I originally had 2,600+ words, and so those 2,120 words is all real content, and not chatting **** to bump up the word count, I'm very confident my teacher won't complain

So, I've almost finished the report (not the edited version, mind) and now it appears that I don't have to do a 1000 word reflective piece anymore. Awesome.

Anyway, I finish the report and start on the editing. Some way through this, I get bored of this work, and so decide to play some Geometry Wars. Unfortunately, I still only have the demo, which limits me to 4 minutes. I play for a good 20 minutes, however, and I end up beating my original high score [​IMG] I now have a high score of 280,000+, which is impressive considering the time restrictions. I have a funny feeling if I get lucky on the enemies (bear in mind I had to drop a few bombs to avoid death) I could probably get 300,000. Before people go "PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN", I actually have pictures, but my phone is dead from excessive use over the past week without a single charge.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, because it's 3am and I'm bloody nackered, I did the CV, and I did the covering letter. All I have to do tomorrow is do the interview and I am DONE!

Most, if not all bar one, have decided to be proper wimps and not accept this mammoth task of completing every bit of work PDP thrown at us. It was a lot, the week we got the 2000 word report to do, we also had to do research and a mini-report on top of that, it was insane. While it wasn't like that every week, it's probably been the most intensive module I've ever experienced.

I'm bloody proud I've done it all though [​IMG] Also, to boot, I've only done this on one night bottle of Dr. Pepper. Seriously, I was expecting myself to be up all night, drinking at least 2-3 bottles of Dr. Pepper, completely wired out of my skull the next morning. Nope, all I gotta do now is have a 4 and a half hour sleep, wake myself up with a can of Relentless, and power my way through the morning until I crash out.

YEAH!

I just hope I don't burn out half way through my teacher's practical session...

2. AshuraZro

Member AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Canada
    Ah, procrastination. The bestest way of life.

3. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    my day suckked i basically watched tv and vomited

4. PapiChulo

Newcomer PapiChulo Member

United States
    Karma, beeyotch.

5. The Teej
    OP

United Kingdom
    Actually, it wasn't so much procrastination as it was we had so much other stuff to do in the other modules, that we didn't really get time to do this until recently.

That 2000 word report kinda shocked me, though. When I was skimming through the task list, it just said "Go to this website and complete the task", and this has happened quite a few times, so I just assumed it was some crap about filling in this web form or whatever. I have never been so wrong in my life.

Lord knows how I got it done, but I did. It's funny, because this isn't the first time this had happened. The first time was when I got my deadline dates wrong and mistook March 16th for April 16th, and so on March 16th I was asked if I had completed this 3000 word assignment. I told him why the hell would I, I have a month left. Then the bombshell dropped: It was due in THAT DAY. I only had like 300 words so far. It was 9am and it was due in at 5pm.

I worked my ass good and proper, and managed to get the 3000 words in on time, AND I got an A for it. Badassery at its best, no?

6. AshuraZro

Canada
    Hah, I'm the same way actually. My best work comes out 20 minutes before class.

I hope tomorrow is a good day for me, dare I say epic? Starting an interview process for a job with VMware. Granted it's customer service kinda stuff but hell, that should be more interesting than the other jobs I'm looking at.

7. The Teej
    OP

United Kingdom
    Oooh, sounds good [​IMG] Good luck [​IMG]

Are you looking to go into the emulation software business, or is this just a "tide-me-over" job?

8. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I won't ask why...unless you were watching "Two Girls, One Cup". If so, I understand.

On Topic: You sound like me...I always wait until the last minute for just about everything...

For example, I'm moving to a new apartment this Monday coming and I've yet to pack a single object. I know I have at least two or three days left but knowing me, I won't even begin packing until Sunday night. I am just that uninspired...I hate moving.

9. AshuraZro

Canada
    It's for college co-op. Truth be told, I have no clue what I want to do. So to hell with it, I'll keep trying shit till I find what I feel I should be in, right?