Gaming This Flashcart list still accurate?

laserbeak43

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i'm not sure where to put it since the flashcart forums only have forums for specific brands and other software.

Is the which flashcart should i get sticky still accurate? http://gbatemp.net/topic/290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get/

right now it says that the CycloDS iEvolution is the only one that can play DSi games.

thanks

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's accurate and the cyclo ievolution can only play some DSi games in DSi mode. DSi games can be played on the other carts just not in DSi mode where more ram is available. Don't buy the cyclo ievolution for this reason as it will leave you unhappy.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah given that the majority of DSi-only games released have been along the lines of little-girl-take-your-picture shovelware and that most of the DSi-enhanced games only use the camera and such, most customers don't give a fuck, so most flash cart companies don't give a fuck.

Now, it DOES also run DSi-mode homebrew (which includes faster emulators and such), but there's often not enough of a difference to matter... and it's competitor (the DSTWO) can run it's boosted homebrew in a DS, DS Lite, DSi/XL, or 3DS, it's not limited to the DSi/XL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup