Homebrew this doesn't make any sense!

exdia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(just to let the mods know im not trolling im very unhappy right now so please do not troll or flame this thread) okay here is the problem i want a few games on my wii i hacked it to have homebrew channel,the update is 4.0 thats all now to the problem i cant install these games because i dont hav the right wad manager,then i try wad installer and everytime i go to wad manager to install the ios16 it says "Error...(ret -2011)"and it does it for everthing and i tried to use something else but it doesn't work i tried different ios's to upgrade but i kept getting that error message now im mad,confused,frustrated
hate2.gif
and idk wat to do so my friend(who also can't help me sends me here and says you guys can fix anything so i came here.please i don't know wat to do and i would like to have some help here it would be very appreciated. thank you

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
exdia said:
(just to let the mods know im not trolling im very unhappy right now so please do not troll or flame this thread) okay here is the problem i want a few games on my wii i hacked it to have homebrew channel,the update is 4.0 thats all now to the problem i cant install these games because i dont hav the right wad manager,then i try wad installer and everytime i go to wad manager to install the ios16 it says "Error...(ret -2011)"and it does it for everthing and i tried to use something else but it doesn't work i tried different ios's to upgrade but i kept getting that error message now im mad,confused,frustrated
hate2.gif
and idk wat to do so my friend(who also can't help me sends me here and says you guys can fix anything so i came here.please i don't know wat to do and i would like to have some help here it would be very appreciated. thank you
First off, is there a reason you want to install IOS16? IOS16 is not needed by any game, it is from the Pink Fish repair disc.

Second, a -2011 error means that the signature check is failing when you are trying to install the WAD. This can be caused by three things.
1) You are using a faulty IOS to install the WAD which introduced a hash error (I can't remember what specific CIOS version it was). Update to the latest CIOS or use IOS236.
2)The WAD you are trying to install hash a corrupt or wrong hash. Download the WAD from a new trusted source.
3)The WAD you are using has a different hash than the ticket already on the Wii. Use a program like Any-Title-Deleter to delete the previous install of the WAD before re-installing, in this case IOS16.

Third, use the latest WAD Managers like MMM or Wad Manager v1.7. You also may want to install IOS236. You can use IOS236 in place of any cIOS in order to install WADs using any WAD manger; just select IOS236 when the WAD manager asks what IOS to use.

Forth, as you are new to the forums, Welcome! and now do some reading
wink.gif
This problem has been covered before and there is a wealth of knowledge here. Also look into using ModMii, it is a great utility made by XFlax that lets you upgrade, modify, and softmod your Wii with ease.

Hope this helps.

-[]D

exdia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wiiware but i need an ios update to install with the wad manager or installer but its not working

exdia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
terminal_illness said:
use tbr to get ios36 trucha bugged, then point wad manager at ios36.

wat is tbr and trucha bugged? i just want my wad manager to work so i can install my wiiware.

Nintendo_Chick

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
People have given you more than enough information, and all your questions have been asked and answered many times on the forums, try searching around by yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @ZeroT21, not yet