Hacking this could be the biggest noob question

kristijan08

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Planning on getting an R4DS, because well, it doesn't actually look like the Cyclo DS will EVER hit the online aussie stores! Anyway, i was wondering if the R4's worked on BOTH the normal ds AND the slim ds. I looked for an answer and couldn't find it. I know its probably a stupid question., but my friend was talking about a difference in flashing between the two units today from something he read somewhere.

Sorry if this thread is a waste of time and space!

Also, has DLDI fixed any homebrew errors on the R4? it's not a must, but it would be nice to have that feature available! or should i seriously just wait to see how the m3 real turns out/get the cyclo when its ready

cheers

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it works on both
biggrin.gif

my cuzn owns a DS Phat and it works perfectly on it !

Freaker

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
teamos.org
XP
Country
My sister has an original NDS, I have a NDSL. The R4 works on both no problem.

I don't think there are any homebrew errors with the R4? (at least not with most mainstream homebrew) It also has automatic DLDI patching since the last update.

I'd say get whatever you can get your hands on. The M3Real looks like it only has some nominal improvements over the R4, so if it's only going to be a temporary card, I'd say only get it if it's around the same price (or cheaper) as the R4.

sirAnger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm fairly certain all carts work on both DS's.

DLDI fixes all homebrew sadness.

R4 is a great cart, and is readily available, however I'd wait for a Cyclo. Its dev team is really on the ball and ready to support any errors that come up.

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Well, my R4 didn't work well on my DS Phat (could've been my phat but original games worked flawlessly...) but it does on my new Lite

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well, my R4 didn't work well on my DS Phat (could've been my phat but original games worked flawlessly...) but it does on my new Lite

Same with my brothers DS Phat yet commercial games worked well. The only way I fixed it was to slip in a small bit of toilet roll in with the R4 so it made a good connection and worked. Strange since it worked fine on my other brothers DS Phat...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey