Hacking This a real Wii-Clip v12?

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found a few D2sun 1.3A chips pre-soldered to a Wii-Clip for a real good price.
Would be a great Christmas gift to all my gamer friends.

Now before you bash the D2sun 1.3A, I need to know if these are legit Wii-Clips. Cause I've heard way, way too many bad things about fake Clips. ie not fitting proper etc.
Pics below.

DSC00197.jpg
DSC00198.jpg

the_skdster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zerxer said:
Sooo what's the price and where did you find them? I'm not sure if I'd go with a D2Sun over a D2Pro or not. Anyone wanna shed some light on how good they are?
Under $20 each.
Maybe this cheap because they are the 1.3A Lite version.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a D2C2 Wii (bought it in August) and got the exact chip from the same site: D2Pro9 pre-soldered to Wii-Clip v4 from ModChipCentral (HERE) and it fit perfectly on the first try, nice and snug. The green light blinked the first time I put it on, and it's booted every single original and backup (Wii and GCN) I've thrown at it on all media so far. I've had it for about a month or so and tried tons of backups (every good game out for the most part- burned by me). No inching or weird noises or lag in loading, NOTHING. It is perfect so far. Feel safe buying this combo from there.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
just4747, thanks for the review. I have a question: with the D2Pro9, I hear there's optional wires you can solder for region-free compatibility. If you get it presoldered to the wii-clip, does this mean that those wires are soldered to the clip and when you clip it on you can play imports (I have an NTSC-U Wii so would I be able to play PAL backups (if they're supported; I know the support isn't 100% yet))? Have you played any different region games yet?

Thanks.

just4747

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine came with the 9 wires pre-soldered and PAL/JAP games already play fine. Same doesn't go for all GCN games because they don't work the same region-wise with chips but all Wii games have worked so far from all regions. I did not have to solder the extra wire even though it came with it.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
the_skdster said:
Way to hijack a finished thread guys. lol
Haha, sorry. Just glad I finally got a useful answer from someone. When I go to order something, it takes me forever to completely decide on whether or not I should do it and if it's the best thing to order. You're lucky you missed the week or so when I was debating which DS flashcart to get. Eventually settled with the SuperCard DS ONE and haven't regretted it. For an even more annoying and extremely long personal debate, should've spoken to me when I was building a new computer a month ago.
smile.gif

I'm actually still ripping my hair out right now on whether or not I wanna spend the $80 to get it.. knowing my luck, an even better softmod backup loader will be released this week if I order the modchip.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: