OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
You may like your PSP, but wouldn't you love it more... with another dimension? RealView Innovations Ltd. is launching something called the V-Screen in the fourth quarter of this year, and the peripheral promises to turn your system into something of a 3D experience.

"The innovation uses special optical components in unconventional ways,” states Eamonn Ansbro, an Optical Engineer who is co-Executive Director of RVI. “No software, electronics or headgear is required. Nonetheless, the optical results are astonishing.” Continued Ansbro: “The video game industry is a perfect fit for our technology. The V-Screen offers consumers a tremendous leap forward in optical enhancement.”

OK, that's from the press release, but when I contacted the company hoping for more details about how the thing works, I was told they're holding back information about the technology until September. They did send an image though, and I am sharing that with you right now.

Not sure how it works, not sure how well it works, not sure about anything, but it's an interesting idea. We'll be keeping our eyes on this one until we have more information to share.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/07...lity-to-psp.ars

Some sort of optical effect, looks gimmicky. I'm sure some people will find value in the novelty.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this is new...since how can a screen make everything look better unless its a HD screen...???
unsure.gif

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I knew it..
It'll be like how 3D movies are with the glasses, the lenses, the WOOHOO!... jk

Eh, we'll see how it turns out. Nothing to look forward to really.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm, I had something similar to this for my GBA (first generation). It had a loupe and a light, so you could see better, because the screen had no backlight back then...
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs