Thinking of upgrading...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blizeH, Apr 17, 2007.

Apr 17, 2007

Thinking of upgrading... by blizeH at 11:16 AM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. blizeH
    OP

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Basically, I've got a G6 Lite at the moment for my DS Lite and I absolutely love it, however, I'm considering buying a GBA Micro which will mean I'll want to use the G6 Lite for that and that I'll need to get another flash cart for my DS.

Any recommendations? Do any of the new slot one devices have real time save functionality for DS games or are they maybe developing it?

Like I said, I love my G6 Lite and I'm not sure if I'll actually gain a lot by getting something different, but since I want to get a GBA Micro I don't know if I have a lot of choice [​IMG]

2. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    On a side note, where would be the best place to get one delivered in the UK?

3. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I find Cheapmod.net quite a good seller

4. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nice, thanks! Seems like good prices.

I'm not sure if I'm going to bother or not, if I wanted to upgrade my G6 I'd get a Micro and just use the G6 for GBA games, but since I'm really happy with it and can't see any real benefits to getting a new one, coupled with the fact there's only two more GBA games I want to complete, and that I probably won't use the Micro much at all after that is making me think maybe I shouldn't get one, hmm.

5. wepoo

Newcomer wepoo Advanced Member

Australia
    I though the same before I had both my DS Lite and my GBMicro. But I've gotta say I REALLY like playing games on my GBMicro. It's really great when you wan to take it out with you but you don't want the extra size of the DS (I usually do this when going out to pubs etc. It's fun being able to play it on the way in and have it not annoy me while I'm there.)

I have a M3 Lite and I just hacked the extra edges off with a hobby knife it so it fit into my GBMicro. Then I opened it up and threaded a piece of fishing line through a couple of tiny holes I made in the top of the cart (with the hobby knife again) and around the screw that keeps the case together. This is so I can pull the cart out of the GBMicro (since it sits so far in).

Of course don't forget, the ladies go Ga Ga for the GBMicro [​IMG]

6. blizeH
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm, I'm tempted, plus I've got a GBA shall for my G6 Lite anyway!

Just a couple of quick questions before I go off the idea: Is it worth getting a GBA Micro to complement a DS Lite? Are there many benefits that an R4 has over a G6 Lite?

7. BryanBayard

Newcomer BryanBayard Member

United Kingdom
    My R4 is my first ever flashcart so I cannot comment on the G6 Lite. However, if by "real time save" you mean 'does it save immediately just like a real cart' then the answer is yes. In any game, when I use the save option is saves directly to its specific save file on the micro SD card at that very moment.

8. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    G6 DS Real! duh! [​IMG]

9. stormwolf18

Member stormwolf18 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i think he meant save anywhere at anytime.

10. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    no ds flash carts has real time save on ds games yet (save states), but most flash carts (supercard etc..) support real time save in gba games.

11. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Apparently it doesn't (saves after a reboot or something). I have come to the sad realization that G6DS Real is pretty shit.

12. ahtin

Member ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong
    no DS real time save is developing as I know, NCARD/R4/M3/G6/EZ/SC/EWIN/DSLINK have no idea for it

if u think your G6L is good enough, maybe u can try G6REAL after this week (similar interface) or buy a R4/M3DSS for a cheaper solution [​IMG]