Hacking Thinking of updating my wii to fimware 4.2

Modular511

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it now able to run backups? Does starfall,CIOScorp, and HBC work? I cannot seem to get guitar hero 5 working and I think that updating may fix it... So any advice and help would be appreciated.

Okami Wolfen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chrisf said:
n00b!!!!1
I think you're the one who looks more n00bish than OP does.

Not only does 4.2 block Homebrew, but it has also been reported to brick the Wiis of people who don't even have any Homebrew installed.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chrisf said:
n00b!!!!1
hey i thought gbatemp is here to help others...not to insult them?

btw...do not update your wii to 4.2 because it doesn't provide any help at all but just kill homebrew. updating your wii to 4.2 will not solve your issue on GH5. check on other threads here. i think there is already a discussion on GH5. good luck.

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mthrnite, GBATEMP is a great site for helping others, however the issue is no one tends to help themselves when there has been hundreds of most just like these....

PSP Forum - Should i update my PSP to FIRMWARE 5.50 GEN B-2
XBOX 360 Forum - Should i update my xbox to 1.6 ixtreme
NDS - What card should I buy?

There are reviews on the site already to solve these questions and There are also hundreds of posts about such topics. People really need to read before they go diving in.

Aka that's why I'm reading up on XBOX 360 before I do anything, so I know how the flash system works etc.

UPDATE: Xbox flash went perfect.

but for the poster... no GH5 that you have may require u to use a different loader, or a bad dump, or possibly ur ios need changed or updated. Questions likes are you on Rev14, etc. need to be given to us so we can help you out, we are not in your room right now, if we were you'd be fixed and a happy WII'er.

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
mthrnite, GBATEMP is a great site for helping others, however the issue is no one tends to help themselves when there has been hundreds of most just like these....

I'm just playing devil's advocate but from the eyes of a newcomer those hundreds of posts may be daunting for someone to sift through it all. I know there's search but it gives you many links and maybe 1/4 pertain to what you are looking for and only 1/2 of that may actually be useful. If we do the math of 100 posts only 12.5 (I know there cant be .5 of a post but that's what the math comes to) can help. Then there's the problem of finding those 12.5 posts in the 100. In cases such as this it would be easier to post your question and come back to your post to get the answer. Usually if there is an answer you will find it in your post.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
If it ain't in a sticky and you can't find it within five minutes, I don't see the harm in asking. I mean, make a little effort, sure, but you don't have to break your neck or anything.
Some will call you a noob and tell you to search moar.
Some will call you a noob nicely and then help you.
Some will just help you without calling you a noob, then the next poster will inevitably call you a noob and tell you to search moar.
Just how it goes. :/

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
search next time!
see? im just followin the cycle of gbatemp as noted above
smile.gif

anyways, i actually recommend updating to 4.2 now.

its not much different to 4.1 in any ways.

now we got updated apps, you can easily softmod it again and get everything up and running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P