Thinking of selling old 3ds xl with arm9loaderhax and getting a new 3dsxl

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gamemasteru03, Sep 18, 2016.

1. gamemasteru03
    OP

gamemasteru03 Nintendo nerd

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Hello every body this is my first time making a post here:D

But as you can tell by the title I am thinking of selling my old 3dsxl and getting a new 3ds xl
    But I have many questions so if anyone can answer any of these that would be awesomeB-)
    1.I want to transfer all my data from my old arm 9 loader hax 3ds xl (including Nintendo network id) to the new 3dsxl but wont have the old one on hand so I'm confused how I will do this and if it is possible?
    2.Is there a way that I can keep the games on arm 9 for the buyer but not let them have my personal nnid
    3.If I got the galaxy new 3dsxl witch has 11.00 on it can I downgrade by doing the suff I need on the old 3ds xl then when I sell it and get the new 3ds xl would I be able to downgrade it or is this not possible?
    4. Could some one link me to a good ftp poney guide to use with the new3dsxl
    5. where could I find the serial number if question #3 and if so what new 3dsxl would you recommend
    Thank you all so much in advance for all the help:yay3ds:

Last edited by gamemasteru03, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    When you have your N3DSXL, you can ring Nintendo and ask them to transfer the NNID over. You can backup your save games with JKSM, but you'll lose things like Activity Log, Mii Plaza progress, etc.

You can format the console before you give it to them, and reinstall all the games.

You need to have both at the same time since it involves a system transfer.

Couldn't find FTPony, but here's FTBrony: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ftp-server-ftbrony-by-mtheall.375254/

Don't understand what you mean. The serial number is usually printed on the back plate of the 3DS.

3. gamemasteru03
    OP

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Thank you for answering 4 of my questions and by question 5 I heard that there are serial numbers for each 3ds on the box or some thing witch if you look at a gbatemp thread will tell you the 3ds firmware version where could I find a searial number for each 3ds so I don't get one over 10.7
    sorry if I don't respound that is because I am going to bed

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh I see what you mean. There was a thread for 9.2 but I'm not sure if there was one made for 10.7. Most plain consoles will be under, if it isn't just take it back and say you want a different colour or something.

5. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
  6. gamemasteru03
    OP

Sep 18, 2016
    United States
    Thank you all for the help but I now have some new questions and it will be amazing if you could help me out again
    1. so for Q#1 if I copied over my sd card to my computer before doing this will all will all my installed games come back if I copied it over that data to a new sd card and put it in my new 3ds xl (after getting a9lh of course)
    2. so theres no way just to sighn out of NNID
    5. Is there anyway I can look at the searial number before buying because black and red look like a hit or miss and for the super Mario bundle looks perfect but I want the bigger screen
    In advance thanks for the help:yay3ds:

7. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    1. No - games have encryption and won't work on another console unless you do a system transfer.
    2. Yes, you can format (but the NNID is still linked to the console unless you so a system transfer or ring Nintendo)
    3.?
    4.?
    5. The serial number will be on the box.