Homebrew Thinking of selling my WiiU, does hacking make it worth more?

Is this the right place for this?

• Total voters

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Softmod is always a whoopin $50-$100 atleast in conversion from my currency
Thats sad, i mena if its a super thing to do, and only certain firmwares can do it, as example, PS3 since it needs to be downgraded, or xbox 360 that needs a chip, i mean 100 is still a little bit high, now for the wii u thats simply copy paste? and the 5/10 bucks from haxchi.

Yeah I'm pretty sure only the 1% is going to pay that much

0.5 ;D

D

Deleted User

Thats sad, i mena if its a super thing to do, and only certain firmwares can do it, as example, PS3 since it needs to be downgraded, or xbox 360 that needs a chip, i mean 100 is still a little bit high, now for the wii u thats simply copy paste? and the 5/10 bucks from haxchi.

0.5 ;D
Welcome to Poland where a CBHC'd Wii U with games costs a whoopin' 1,639pln.
You can convert it, if you want. It's around ~$400

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically after reading what bullywiiplaza said, he sound so smart. :)

But even though most of what is said was probably already enough still maybe my idea is useful? The fact that people think hacks are worth more is a situational and opinion based thing, supply and demand. If the system is fully hackable and anyone can do it. Is only worth as much as someone willing to pay to have it already setup and not do it themself. If the system is not fully hackable (example, require specific firmware that you don't have, special tools like mod chips you can't make or own, necessary other stuff) then is still only worth as much as someone willing to pay for it. Supply and demand. Is all about having something you can supply for someone who wants it.
Me specifically i'm very skeptical person when it comes to buying used products, so I tend to be very concerned about it. One thing, we don't know the condition of the system if is bad and not all too well from factory made, knock off some prices, if you had it for very long or use it as much as however long, knock some prices off of it. For one thing i dunno these things and it should factor into how much it cost. I need to ask every question possible about the system i can think of and then the person has to answer them, if they don't then most likely they wasn't prepared to answer it, or can have something to hide. Once again is just me and how i am. You want me to buy it, cooperation is the key.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically after reading what bullywiiplaza said, he sound so smart. :)

But even though most of what is said was probably already enough still maybe my idea is useful? The fact that people think hacks are worth more is a situational and opinion based thing, supply and demand. If the system is fully hackable and anyone can do it. Is only worth as much as someone willing to pay to have it already setup and not do it themself. If the system is not fully hackable (example, require specific firmware that you don't have, special tools like mod chips you can't make or own, necessary other stuff) then is still only worth as much as someone willing to pay for it. Supply and demand. Is all about having something you can supply for someone who wants it.
Me specifically i'm very skeptical person when it comes to buying used products, so I tend to be very concerned about it. One thing, we don't know the condition of the system if is bad and not all too well from factory made, knock off some prices, if you had it for very long or use it as much as however long, knock some prices off of it. For one thing i dunno these things and it should factor into how much it cost. I need to ask every question possible about the system i can think of and then the person has to answer them, if they don't then most likely they wasn't prepared to answer it, or can have something to hide. Once again is just me and how i am. You want me to buy it, cooperation is the key.
I know that the price wouldn't go up significantly but maybe a few extra bucks would be nice, plus, I technically have had it for a long time but 90% of that times it's been sitting in the same place, never used

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that the price wouldn't go up significantly but maybe a few extra bucks would be nice, plus, I technically have had it for a long time but 90% of that times it's been sitting in the same place, never used
Well i was just replying to the topic of discussion, if you honestly feel you can sell a wii U for what you hope for, don't let anyone stop you. :P

My statement was just addressing the idea of people selling modded consoles for more money. So car I only ever been able to look after myself when buying used systems. I rarely buy used things unless is a game. I want my systems factory sealed when i purchase cause is ensures i get the most use out of is lifespan.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i was just replying to the topic of discussion, if you honestly feel you can sell a wii U for what you hope for, don't let anyone stop you. :P

My statement was just addressing the idea of people selling modded consoles for more money. So car I only ever been able to look after myself when buying used systems. I rarely buy used things unless is a game. I want my systems factory sealed when i purchase cause is ensures i get the most use out of is lifespan.
Ok, Maybe if I move to Poland I can get all the money I need XD

@ScarletDreamz so... I could sell it to you if your still interested

Reactions: Deleted User

DonnieV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Selling a CBHC console on eBay is damn near the worst advice you could give.
So many things could go wrong. Then who will be at fault? The seller.
Even a semi-experienced homebrew user would know not to buy a CBHC console not just because they could do it themselves, but the system.xml is booting to a game that's tied to the old users NNID.

You shouldn't charge extra for other people's work in the first place, but if you really want to load something on it before you sell it then put something safe like haxchi with default=sysmenu.
All this advice about selling it with CBHC on it is truly idiotic. Even if you tell the buyer "don't reformat it, don't delete my nnid" they're gonna do something wrong and you're gonna get fucked by eBay's buyer protection. Just look at all of the bricks on wiiubrew that could have been easily avoided when handling CBHC. You really think an inexperienced homebrew buyer won't make mistakes?

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Even if you tell the buyer "don't reformat it, don't delete my nnid" they're gonna do something wrong and you're gonna get fucked by eBay's buyer protection. Just look at all of the bricks on wiiubrew that could have been easily avoided when handling CBHC. You really think an inexperienced homebrew buyer won't make mistakes?
True. eBay also doesn't allow selling "modded" anything. If they catch you, your offer is terminated. You can't do that anyway because users will most likely fuck up like you said and it's unfair towards the developers who get paid nothing for their work, yet the leeches do. Besides, you might be prosecuted for that since it's illegal to mod other people's consoles to enable piracy AND profit from it in many countries: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2009/08/modder-arrest-a-reminder-that-most-console-hacks-are-illegal/ Just as a tip if anyone wants to make big business with this, lol. It's not recommended, even though Nintendo might no longer care.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,
Reactions: DonnieV and Enovale

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night