Thinking of purchasing a Samsung Galaxy...but which one

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones and Media Players' started by JinTrigger, Mar 2, 2013.

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    I plan on getting a Samsung Galaxy 2 soon, but after some research I'm kinda digging the extras the Samsung Galaxy 3 has to offer. A rather simple question, but should I save my money and stick with the S2 or go ahead and shell some extra money for the s3

2. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    the s4 is going to be announced on mar.14
    so best to wait a bit

3. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Nah....cause the S3 itself (if I go with that) will be just enough to break my spending limit....I just want to know if its worth it to just go with an S3 or be content with an S2

4. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    I've got an S2 with a custom version of Jelly Bean running on it, featuring quite a few of the extras the S3 has. Great phone, I've felt no reason to upgrade. Can depend really on how much you want the bigger screen. FTR though I will be upgrading to the S4 later on this year though, that in my opinion is looking good enough to wait that bit extra time [to possibly save up the extra pennies?]

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    I meant the price of the s3 will go down

6. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    I would go for that S3, because difference between S2 & S3 is quite big. Especially batterylife IIRC. Camera was better too, screen of course too.
    But the S2 is basically an S1 with a bigger screen and much better specs, but batterylife has changed the same. Only the S3 had a better battery, and that's quite important.

S3, or wait for the S4 announcement (wait roughly 1 month), and prices will go down a bit

7. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    S3, the battery life and power of it alone should warrant the purchase, however if I was in your position I would get a windows phone and save up for a PS4 :tpi:

8. Just Another Gamer

Member Just Another Gamer 星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy

Australia
    It depends on your price range if you are willing to spend a few hundred more then get an S3 but if your budget isn't as big like me then you should get an S2 since the cheapest I could find an S3 was around $500 while the cheapest S2 I can find is around $250 to $300.

9. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    The S3 has already dropped in price twice since launch (I got it on launch). When the S4 comes out, the S3 will drop even further. Still, the S3 is easily one of the best phones from 2012. I'm just undecided if the Note 2 is better (there's also iPhone 5, which I also own, but it's an apples and oranges thing).

10. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    just wait for the announcement in march from samsung, the prices for the s3 note and phone will stay the same anyway it always does, you will be able to buy the s4 for the same price the s3 is atm so just wait it out, i have a s2 myself atm and i'm bored of it.

11. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Wait for the s3 to price drop, and get it. I had the same choice as you, and I got the s3, which is amazing!

12. Daidude

Member Daidude The genius

United Kingdom
    I'd wait for the s3 to price drop when the s4 comes out or if you're on a budget you could go for the Nexus 4. 16gb>8gb. The Nexus 4 is really a great phone to choose so if you can afford that i'd choose that over the s2 by far.

13. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    we dont know if he is getting an unlocked phone or a subsidized phone