Hacking Thinking of parting with Gateway

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have an O3DS XL on 9.0 SysNAND and 10.3 EmuNAND. I have a Gateway. Im thinking of selling the Gateway, and just use RxTools, since apparently it can do everything gateway can, and better. (Just not .3DS files)

Are there any issues i will run into?
How would i install .CIA's on Rxtools?

Also, im currently using a 32GB class 10 micro SD for my Gateway, can i plug it in an SD adapter, in my 3DS as an fully functional SD card?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have an O3DS XL on 9.0 SysNAND and 10.3 EmuNAND. I have a Gateway. Im thinking of selling the Gateway, and just use RxTools, since apparently it can do everything gateway can, and better. (Just not .3DS files)

Are there any issues i will run into?
How would i install .CIA's on Rxtools?

Also, im currently using a 32GB class 10 micro SD for my Gateway, can i plug it in an SD adapter, in my 3DS as an fully functional SD card?
I can't think of any issues so far, even better if you use a O3DS.
For installing CIAs, just download the CIAs you want and istall them.

First things first, you NEED to install a CIA installer and a Save manager in you emuNAND to get everything running.

I have Big Blue Menu and Save Data Filer installed as CIAs with Gateway, then you can drop it for sure.

Just be sure that you have a safe way of running rxTools first, like Menuhax.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't think of any issues so far, even better if you use a O3DS.
For installing CIAs, just download the CIAs you want and istall them.

First things first, you NEED to install a CIA installer and a Save manager in you emuNAND to get everything running.

I have Big Blue Menu and Save Data Filer installed as CIAs with Gateway, then you can drop it for sure.

Just be sure that you have a safe way of running rxTools first, like Menuhax.

I would use the browser exploit i guess. Also, im guesing i need to install a CIA installer while i still have acess to my Gateway? Wouldnt know how to otherwise.

About going to another SD, can i just Export my EmuNAND with the tool, and import it back onto my new SD and everything will be still there?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would use the browser exploit i guess. Also, im guesing i need to install a CIA installer while i still have acess to my Gateway? Wouldnt know how to otherwise.

About going to another SD, can i just Export my EmuNAND with the tool, and import it back onto my new SD and everything will be still there?
Yes, you hould install it first with GW for convenience.
You could make the FBI into Health & Safety inject too.

About the SD change...
Yes, you can inject your emuNAND into another SD.
You just need to create a new emuNAND in your other SD in order to be able to inject your older emuNAND.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you hould install it first with GW for convenience.
You could make the FBI into Health & Safety inject too.

About the SD change...
Yes, you can inject your emuNAND into another SD.
You just need to create a new emuNAND in your other SD in order to be able to inject your older emuNAND.

So make EmuNAND on new SD, extract the one from old SD, and inject it on the new one?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So make EmuNAND on new SD, extract the one from old SD, and inject it on the new one?
Yep exactly.
YOu can extract the old one using the emuNAND Inject Tool.

Bsically the steps should be as follows;
  • Extract emuNAND from old SD. The emuNAND tool should make a 1.8GB (or close to that) .bin file.
  • Create a new emuNAND in your new SD like you normally would.
  • Insert your new SD in your PC and inject your old emuNAND into the newly created one, this should restore everything you had back into your new SD card.
You need to create a new emuNAND in the new SD card because the inject tool doesn't create an emuNAND from scratch, it only injects or extracts them.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep exactly.
YOu can extract the old one using the emuNAND Inject Tool.

Bsically the steps should be as follows;
  • Extract emuNAND from old SD. The emuNAND tool should make a 1.8GB (or close to that) .bin file.
  • Create a new emuNAND in your new SD like you normally would.
  • Insert your new SD in your PC and inject your old emuNAND into the newly created one, this should restore everything you had back into your new SD card.
You need to create a new emuNAND in the new SD card because the inject tool doesn't create an emuNAND from scratch, it only injects or extracts them.

Ah right thanks. It should keep all my files on the SD right? Or should i backup everything ?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah right thanks. It should keep all my files on the SD right? Or should i backup everything ?
Oh yeah I forgot about that.

Backup EVERYTHING you have in your old SD card.
And I mean everything!

Make a new foldr and put everything in there.
Do not copy these files to your new SD card until the new emuNAND has been created.

Remember that creating a new emuNAND (Format emuNAND) option deletes all previous stored files in the SD, so you better back them up. :P

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know what you mean. Thinking the same. Been a long-time Gateway user (since it was released). Updated to 3.5.1 and I notice it is a lot less stable (hanging a lot when I hit select to load the gateway menu, often will need to power off). Plus all the news about them purposely bricking in 3.5+ again isn't helping their case.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It takes too long to install cia files on 3ds in title manager. I'll stick with 3 minutes to move a rom onto my SD card for GW. Plus I bought it like a year before CFW was able to do these things.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)