Thinking of ordering a japanese wii....

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shonosuke, Mar 17, 2007.

Mar 17, 2007
  1. shonosuke
    OP

Member shonosuke GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    Im thinking of ordering a japanese wii for bleach and naruto and other upcoming japanese titles but i have a few questions first

1.Will I have to pay extra costs at the door like taxes? I once ordered a game from playasia and i had to pay 20 euros extra at the door
    2.Does NTSC-U>NTSC-JP work perfectly?

Also is there any chance bleach wii will ever work on pal consoles?

2. plexo

Member plexo GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i installed a wiikey on a jap console and i tried 4 games on it that where pal... all worked perfectly

you will probably have to pay tax's

3. shonosuke
    OP

Netherlands
  4. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    someone on this forum posted that he had to pay 200 euro tax when his wii arrived [​IMG]

5. shonosuke
    OP

Netherlands
    Im just wondering if it will ever be possible to play bleach wii on a pal console without a freeloader,I read somewhere that PAL will never be able to play most NTSC-J games

6. Kevdude99

Newcomer Kevdude99 Newbie

United Kingdom
    I am also thinking very hard about buying a NTSC-Jap Wii dude and as for any region0 and region1 Wii games. The majority of them will never work on a PAL-Wii console if you had a modchip installed.

The best results on a PAL-Wii will be your own region games and backups to be honest. Probably a few of the NTSC games might be accepted onto the PAL-Wii but I wouldn't bother trying hard at getting the game to work because the PAL-Wii hardware is wired differently hence why you want to buy an NTSC-Wii (regardless if its US or JAP).

If you were to order from PlayAsia and try to avoid import tax, get it sent by EMS and in the notes, give them your order-ref number with a request to mark it down as 1/2 price and as a gift. Well the latter could be left out but I prefer to stick it in. UPS also charge the import taxes but I think they do it a bit more expensive. What I'm saying here is that it's possible to get charged with both delivery services but I can't guarantee you won't

--As for Bleach (for the Wii): This game will not ever load up on a PAL console at the moment because the DATEL guys that created 'Freeloader' for the GC, which also works for the Wii is designed only to play GC games. Currently there is no such 'Freeloader' product that can enable import Wii games on PAL-Wiis. So modchip routes/buying a Wii from the region the game originates from are the only solutions for now.

Seeing as you are like I as for being in a country that does shitty PAL I can only feel your pain bruva! [​IMG]

7. Chebsi

Newcomer Chebsi Member

Canada
    I would do it if you're getting a Wiikey.

Also, you will probably pay taxes, yeah.

and offtopic- did you used to play RO and Bleach DS?

8. shonosuke
    OP

Netherlands
    Yea I used to play both