thinking of installing bootmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by SomeGuy2009, May 22, 2009.

1. SomeGuy2009
    OP

SomeGuy2009 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 18, 2009
    United States
    I have sysmenu 3.2u with homebrew installed via boot softmii 2.1 a few months back. I was thinking of install bootmii but I have preloader .29 currently installed.

will it be ok to install bootmii if preloader is installed?

what will I gain by installing bootmii that I dont already have the ability to do?

I just dont want to risk bricking my since, however preloader .29 is installed and I can access it by holding reset while powering on the wii.

thanks,

sg

2. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    Well as far as I read, there is a good reason to install it: BACKING UP YOUR NAND, but then I realize....why da' F*** do I want to backup my NAND if I don't mess around with it..?? or why do it if I'm not that stupid that suddenly I delete random IOS..?? and then I read somewhere that some apps wheren functioning as normal (thing that confuses me cause boot2 has nothing to do IOS and that kind of stuff), and I ended up by just not installing it, untill I really mess around with dangerous things..!! [​IMG]

3. afif95

afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Nov 24, 2008
    Malaysia
    Malaysia!
    Point of bootmii: Full user-made environment.

It is not for brick protection, that's just a bonus.

Read this thread for the point of bootmii:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156371

Or, if you're lazy, I can quote myself:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice