Hardware thinking of getting N3DS and a flash cart

[^Blark^]

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reading tutorial now, seems really in depth, but ill see if its something i want to deal with ! lol
Thats all I'm saying to a user who been on the scene it may be "easy" but for someone new it may seem like a chore which os why I suggest sky.

I'm not hating on a9lh I been wanting to do it with mine also. but haven't yet.

Reactions: Justin20020

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Thats all I'm saying to a user who been on the scene it may be "easy" but for someone new it may seem like a chore which os why I suggest sky.

I'm not hating on a9lh I been wanting to do it with mine also. but haven't yet.

Don't even need a9lh... Just downgrade. It's nowhere near as harmful as it was when back in January.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wtf man. If he wants to use a flashcard l, let him doing this on his own. I bought in the past a flashcard too and where the hell was it unstable? In my time, there wasn't an newer exploit over 9.2. So keep calm
Yeah, this is now, not then. Plus if he can avoid unnecessary spending? That'd be a far better option.

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Wtf man. If he wants to use a flashcard l, let him doing this on his own. I bought in the past a flashcard too and where the hell was it unstable? In my time, there wasn't an newer exploit over 9.2. So keep calm
my friend has a sky3ds and it's total shit, you have to cycle trought the games and if you miss the one you wanted you're fucked...
also, you can't put cias there and most warez is cias.
Also, sky3ds had dropped support for the blue button aka no templates/new games for older sky3ds(fuck customers)
Gateway is just ridiculous, you need 9.2 to get it working, 9.2 is the fucking hackable firware it's a waste of money

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah I know its sick with that button to select an game but if the game/s are unstable, then was it because of the micro sd card. Trust me, I got something similiar too. I'm using my flashcard now only for cubic ninja to access the homebrew. If he didn't want to downgrade, etc... then let him buy an sky3ds+. Its still a beginner

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Yeah I know its sick with that button to select an game but if the game/s are unstable, then was it because of the micro sd card. Trust me, I got something similiar too. I'm using my flashcard now only for cubic ninja to access the homebrew. If he didn't want to downgrade, etc... then let him buy an sky3ds+. Its still a beginner
i was a beginner and i didn't use that bullshit I used memchunkhax2 in the day I got my 2ds

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But if he want to use the 3ds only to use games or roms,then thats the better way. If he want access over the system then he would trys it out

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
But if he want to use the 3ds only to use games or roms,then thats the better way. If he want access over the system then he would trys it out
no, flashcards are not the best way to do anything. if you are on fw higher than 10.5 it *might be useful to downgrade, but nothing else. cias are superior than .3ds. there's no point in that statement

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With the downgrade and the a9lh is always a chance to brick dude. So, better play games on a flashcard or do a risky thing on the 3ds? Better pay ~70$ than a newer console^^

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
With the downgrade and the a9lh is always a chance to brick dude. So, better play games on a flashcard or do a risky thing on the 3ds? Better pay ~70$ than a newer console^^
The risk is non-existent nowadays, the tools are bulletproof, if anyone bricks while doing this it's (not probabily, is) user error because they were either blind or careless.
Saying to not install A9LH because it might brick it's just being paranoid

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its the same thing about downgrading. Some users got an uncomplete downgrading or the downgrade is half finished whatever. There is always a chance of bricking. It can be a user thing or something else. Myself I did two downgrades (with the first unstable downgrader 9.2+) and a9lh installs. I dont say that he shouldnt do this but he should better read guides or tutorials IF he want to downgrade and install a9lh

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
Its the same thing about downgrading. Some users got an uncomplete downgrading or the downgrade is half finished whatever. There is always a chance if bricking. It can be a user thing or something else. Myself I did two downgrades (with the first unstable downgrader 9.2+) and a9lh installs. I dont say that he shouldnt do this but he should better read guides or tutorials IF he want to downgrade and install a9lh
if you check the md5 sha1 of the downgrade pack(9.2x) nothing can go wrong

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting a little confused. Can someone list downsides of using something like Sky3ds+ vs alh9? Besides it costing 87 USD.
Theres a lot of technical terms thrown around and I'm losing track. Someone said that most pirated Roms are CIA format and Sky3ds can't run those?

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
I'm getting a little confused. Can someone list downsides of using something like Sky3ds+ vs alh9? Besides it costing 87 USD.
Theres a lot of technical terms thrown around and I'm losing track. Someone said that most pirated Roms are CIA format and Sky3ds can't run those?
sky3ds+ - costs money. useless compared to a9lh
a9lh-brick protection, load hacks on boot, games as cias(right on home menu instead of flashcard), dsiware and nintendo will never be able to break a9lh

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
A9lh:

+can install CIA
+brick recovery (start at boot)
+you can always update your 3ds
+access eshop
+access to homebrew
+access to use roms
+can set custom theme
+can use nds flashcards
-can't play *.3ds only *.cia
-its a confused way to install for a beginner

Sky3ds+:

+Games with AP checks can now be played
+set an private header to play online without to get banned
+only play *.3ds games
-can't play other roms
-can't play/use cias
-the games could get a newer ap check and you can't use the card for newer games
-new system update could block the sky3ds+ card

Davidosky99

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
A9lh:

+can install CIA
+brick recovery (start at boot)
+access eshop
+access to homebrew
+access to use roms
+can set custom theme
+can use nds flashcards
-can't play *.3ds only *.cia
-its a confused way to install for a beginner

Sky3ds+:

+Games with AP checks can now be played
+set an private header to play online without to get banned
+only play *.3ds games
-can't play other roms
-can't play/use cias
-the games could get a newer ap check and you can't use the card for newer games

I hope you don't mind me editing your post :)

A9lh:

+can install CIAs
+brick recovery (start at boot, faster than sky)
+access eshop
+access to homebrew
+access to use roms
+can set custom theme
+can use nds flashcards
-can't play *.3ds only *.cia, but 3ds are shit anyways
-its not confusing as long as you follow the guide

Sky3ds+:

+Games with AP checks can now be played and a9lh can play it too
+set an private header to play online without to get banned, although you can't be banned for using cias
+only play *.3ds games, which are rare to find online
-can't play other roms
-can't play/use cias

Zetman

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
with sky3ds+ you can play only games that exist as physical carts, not "only digital releases" (eshop games).

kofman13

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys also didnt stop to think that A9LH can also cost money if you are on latest firmware because you need to buy cubix ninja for about $25 or OOT for like $20 and then a power saves for about another $25 just to install this hack

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1