Banned

thinking of getting N3DS and a flash cart

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'M SAVING HIM FROM MAKING A MISTAKE :P

2. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate
    Banned

United States
    Yeah. If the console he gets is new there's no chance of it not having free hax.

3. kofman13

OP kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys! loving the discussion thank you for all the tips! Even though my thread title was "looking to get flash cart" maybe i should have worded it differently. What i want to know is basically if i want to play 3ds roms on a BRAND NEW New3DS (possibly with latest firmware if its new), what are my options?
    Although tons of what you guys talked about just went over my head since i have not been following the scene and learning terms and names and methods etc, I kind of have a picture of my options, correct me if I am wrong:
    Downgrading and using "CFW" lets me simply load roms on sd card (is there limitation with newest games?) and i can choose what I want to play with an actual on screen GUI
    Using something like Sky3DS+ is essentially the same thing as CFW but you dont have to worry about flashing anything to your actual console and is just more convenient, downsides are that you have to manually cycle through games without a real GUI, and its not free.
    SIDE QUESTION: If i want to play a game online multiplayer, for instance a pokemon game, wouldn't I need the latest firmware? ( Kind of like xbox live and PSN require latest firmware to get online) so in that case sky3ds+ would be better since it lets me be on whatever firmware i want?

4. ItsTheScallywag

Newcomer

United States
    Luma3DS + R4i gold card. I can play any 3ds game I want with Luma3DS and the R4 card lets me play DS games.

$22 shipped for the R4i card. Only tested a few games since I've gotten it and couldn't get one final fantasy game to work. Every other game worked mint though

5. kofman13

United States
    i don't mind spending $87 on sky3ds+ if it means playing every game, without headache of flashing firmwares or downgrading and all that stuff

[^Blark^] likes this.
  6. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3
    Banned

Its idiotic the sky3ds plus just hack the 3ds and put a cfw on it its cheaper and more efficient and gives you more freedom

7. kofman13

United States
    But that requires out of date firmware since youre downgrading? dont firmware upgrades improve consoles? also can you play online with CFW and downgraded firmware?

8. Davidosky99

Banned

if you buy a brand new, it probabily comes with a downgradable firmware

9. dapaua

dapaua Member
    Newcomer

You only downgrade to install the hack. You can use the latest firmware afterwards.

10. kofman13

United States
    oh wow, and you can still play online even though u play roms? does nintendo network do any sort of validation?

11. Davidosky99

Banned

yes, you can do everything as long as you have a9lh+cfw(you can do menuhax but ew)

12. dapaua

dapaua Member
    Newcomer

Yes, you can.

13. kofman13

United States
    Is there a beginner's guide to downgrading and installing a9lh+cfw? would love to read up on it see if its something i can handle.
    also... i was going to get a cheaper refurbished new3DS, but you guys say that the brand new ones have downgradeable firmware?

14. Davidosky99

Banned

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

15. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

United States
    for someone who said hasn't been up to date on the scene I would suggest the flashcart. it may cost money but still it will save the headache and won't have to deal with a partial downgrade those do exist and if OP happens to not back up a file to restore too it's done for isn't it. I'm not saying not to use cfw I just say for a NEW user wanted to play .3ds files (roms) easily a flashcart is simply plug n play after transferring roms with the tool.

it's all a matter of opinion and OP's choice.

best of luck on what you choose hope you get the setup you wish :).

happy gaming

16. Davidosky99

Banned

please, don't if you have a brand new 3ds take the a9lh route, it's superior and nowadays it's easier than ever

17. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    They all do. Every firmware to date can be downgraded. However, after 10.5, you'd need cubic ninja or oot to do so. It's stupid easy. Even if you just downgrade to install menuhax. That's far better than hoping for a flashcard.

18. kofman13

United States
    reading tutorial now, seems really in depth, but ill see if its something i want to deal with ! lol

19. Davidosky99

Banned

it's really really easy. trust me it's worth it

20. Justin20020

Justin20020 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Wtf man. If he wants to use a flashcard l, let him doing this on his own. I bought in the past a flashcard too and where the hell was it unstable? In my time, there wasn't an newer exploit over 9.2. So keep calm

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - thinking, getting, flash