clegion

OP
Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well guys, since I skipped 3ds (region locking make my life hard) , I am thinking of getting the vita, I know I will get it sooner or later. But assuming I get it now, what kind of games can I play besides PSP games?

I like
Action titles (not FPS)
TPS
RPG of any kind(In english, don't know anything about it in jp)

I dislike
Racing
Sports

I want something that would at least last me a month on the vita. this is so I would know to buy it now or hold off for games that i like
Thanks guys

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only things you probably wouldn't like out of the launch titles (minus the crap games) is probably MLB The Show, ModNation Racers, Motorstorm RC, and WipEout 2048. going by your dislikes.

I would definitely suggest it, the system is really neat. I'm definitely enjoying the games and while you don't want PSP game suggestions, the second analog stick really gives a lot of games a second wind.

It's also a stellar system from fighters, looking at the library. I mean it launched with UMvC3 and BlazBlue, and now it's already getting SFxT and Mortal Kombat. Seriously, that's tough to beat.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well Uncharted:GA and maybe Dynasty Warriors should be up your street.

Regarding RPGs, you could look into the PSP's library to keep you occupied there for now.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well Uncharted:GA and maybe Dynasty Warriors should be up your street.

Regarding RPGs, you could look into the PSP's library to keep you occupied there for now.

Lol, those were the two games I ordered.

And yeah, the system's lacking in RPGs at the moment, no denying that. But there are some coming in the future. Off the top of my head there's FFX HD (if you enjoy FFX), Disgaea 4 (right?), Persona 4, Warrior's Lair (if you enjoy schlocky dungeon crawlers like me), and probably some other crap.

But the PSP has tons of RPGs and you probably should look there, especially with the recent Atlus price drop on their downloadable titles. Persona 3's only $20 on the PSN Store and according to prowler, it looks amazing on the Vita (since the Vita gives you upscaling, bi-linear filtering, and other crap).

Reactions: 1 person

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
Try out these games if you get the Vita! :D

Rayman Origins
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Unit 13
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Plants vs Zombies
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Dynasty Warriors Next
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Warrior’s Lair

All of these are some great games and should keep you occupied for a time! :P

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
vita had that dungeons something game port from ipad which sucked really badly bad. RPG that.

i got a vita but am still occupied with my psp, as theres no way in hell i am buying all my psp games all over again. F sony's chairman with a meter of 2by4 and post on youtube, might reconsider, but now, proprietary memory card, proprietary charging cable(not that bad, but come on) overpriced.

anyways i bought stardust and that rc racing game, as i am a nut for racing games. but stardust is nice, though quite short.

and my vita is collecting dust after i was done with my 2 games, back to my psp. *whines for a n64 emulator on vita again*

clegion

OP
Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Well ,I guess I would be getting it later on, waiting for disgaea(and gundams) , I don't know what i will get from the PSP that i want to play in the vita , I hope the release looks better next session

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I've really been enjoying Unit 13 myself. It compliments Uncharted very well, having a more pick-up-and-shoot style. So if you were to pick up Uncharted, Unit 13 and/or Dynasty Warriors, you'll have enough to keep you going for a while. Plus Disgaea 3 is coming out this month, so that's something to look forward to. If you're looking for PSP games to play on your Vita, definitely go for MGS Peace Walker. The second analogue stick makes a world of difference.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try out these games if you get the Vita! :D

Rayman Origins
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
Escape Plan
Super Stardust Delta
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
Unit 13
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
Plants vs Zombies
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Lumines Electronic Symphony
Dynasty Warriors Next
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
Warrior’s Lair

All of these are some great games and should keep you occupied for a time! :P

Silent Hill, Disgaea 3, and Warrior's Lair aren't even released.

Plus I don't think Dungeon Hunter or Michael Jackson can be classified as "great. Or "good". Or "passable".

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
super star dust delta is really fun i got it for free since i got the 3g thing and i wasn't expecting it to be that addicting!

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Dungeon Hunter might be "passable", but Michael Jackson.... no. Just... no.

I went and bought Fl0w and Monster Hunter because they're great games that I didn't actually buy the first time round (when I first got my PSP, it was already on 3.x M33). Even though I liked Persona 3, I don't think I want to pay £20+ for it. Not sure yet if I want to get Valhalla Knights 2 or any of the Ys games (VK is multiplayer), since they weren't too memorable when I first played them.

Also, I pre-ordered Disgaea 3 (4 may come out eventually, on PS3 most likely, but it tends to take a while for them to get translated). One of the reasons I bought the Vita in the first place. I'm also wondering if Monster Hunter Portable 3 will be ported to Vita (or if another version will be released for it).

Vita has some strong titles for it, but Sony are taking the "string it out slowly" approach, which makes it harder to recommend buying it until more games are out (unless one of the games already out appeal to you).

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think Michael Jackson has fifteen songs on it. So no. That's not a deal at all.

God damn it, why can't we just get a new Rock Band for Vita. >_

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, why can't we just get a new Rock Band for Vita. >_<

I fully support this. Rock Band Unplugged rocked (pun intended). I would absolutely love a Vita Rock Band, provided they kept it like Rock Band Unplugged and didn't try the whole "Guitar Her DS" route of using touch controls to emulate the real instruments. That would be terrible. I'd at least let them use the touchscreen OPTIONALLY for hitting notes.

I'll also suggest Super Stardust Delta. I'm not crazy on twin stick shooters but it's a fun game and for only $15 (if you get the combo pack with the DLC included) it's a nice buy. It has tons of pick-up-and-play value and it's a nice time waster.

Also Mutant Blobs Attack is fantastic. Takes elements from a bunch of great platformers and puts them into one sweet, downloadable title. For only $8 it's a steal.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
God damn it, why can't we just get a new Rock Band for Vita. >_<

I fully support this. Rock Band Unplugged rocked (pun intended). I would absolutely love a Vita Rock Band, provided they kept it like Rock Band Unplugged and didn't try the whole "Guitar Her DS" route of using touch controls to emulate the real instruments. That would be terrible. I'd at least let them use the touchscreen OPTIONALLY for hitting notes.

Unplugged was easily my most-played game on PSP. Endlessly replayable because if you screwed up just one note it changed the entire way you played the song. Ingenious gameplay- if I had a PS2 I'd probably dig its predecessors too (Amplitude and Frequency).

Harmonix is announcing a new game on G4 tomorrow, and they've confirmed they're working on 3DS and Vita game(s), but whatever they announce, I'll be watching.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Harmonix is announcing a new game on G4 tomorrow, and they've confirmed they're working on 3DS and Vita game(s), but whatever they announce, I'll be watching.

I thought Harmonix was dead?

If not then I seriously hope it's a new Rock Band.

It's probably too good to be true but if they had a new Rock Band or something that supported your own songs on the system (kinda like Audiosurf) then it'd be a dream come true.

Although they'd basically lose out on DLC since you could just potentially buy (or pirate) all the songs you wanted for the game.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I thought Harmonix was dead?

Nope, they're back to the GH1-GH2 days: an independent studio. Which I hope leads to some really innovative stuff :D

clegion

OP
Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I suppose I would also say I don't like rhytm based game simply because I am BAD , like really bad at it. But yeah I would hold off buying Vita , the release look really barren though

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I really like Dynasty Warriors on Vita. Uncharted is not a bad choice either. Ninja Gaiden was... just okay.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has a system ever launched with an RPG in recent years?

Well there was Kameo: Elements of Power for the 360..Which was kind of like an action rpg.. But that can be argued.

Otherwise launch RPG titles have been scarce. It'd be nice if they do have one with a title sometime :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think...