Hacking Thinking Of Buying Switch Finally

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're at the boundary of almost being too late... a new version of unhackable Switches are now being sold all over.

You might want to check out the serial number sticky thread, and start checking local stores if the serial number of the Switches they are selling are within the vulnerable serial number range.

JJO192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As stated above, make sure you check the serial number to determine whether or not it is going to be hackable. I will say that if you get a switch that is infact hackable it is a great buy. I have found that the switch community is (minus a few battles over 'The Best Custom Firmware') a great community and the work being put in is outstanding. For example the work going in to RetroArch is just amazing and fast progressing. For that thanks to @m4xw and the team. Well worth it, the switch is becoming a great all in one emulation system.

Last edited by JJO192,

rickpower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
im from New Zealand so i might have better chance of getting unpatched console,hopefully. back to my first question is it possible to run backups for free without buying license ?

JJO192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im from New Zealand so i might have better chance of getting unpatched console,hopefully. back to my first question is it possible to run backups for free without buying license ?
My brother is in New Zealand and I am living in Australia, out of interest I hit the local stores now and then to check out what reivions they are selling, and over here you are more likely to be in luck.

You can run backups on any custom firmware, even SXOS free version (no license). You will need to use homebrew tools for card dumping like 'WAIN Cart Dumper', to dump your cartridges to an 'xci' format, example 'Super Mario Odyssey.xci'.

Once you've got your backups from your Switch to your PC you can convert your 'xci' format games to a 'nsp' format, which can be installed via a few methods. SXOS built in nsp installer, a program called 'Tinfoil', or even easier search GBATemp for 'XCI Installer' which will allow you to skip the conversion from 'xci' to 'nsp'.

These programs will install the game as if it were an eshop download so you can play from the home menu. It will require you be booted into CFW to launch.

Hope this all helps. It can sound like a lot if your coming in fresh but it is quite simple and easy once you have an understanding of how to boot CFW.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by JJO192,

JJO192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean, people already gave you an answer, like:

Just clicking that link, then click "Before Starting"
Ctrl+F "backup" :/
And yes of course. BACKUP YOUR NAND! This is first priority when entering a hacking scenario.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu