Hacking Thinking of buying Sky3DS

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
What you should know, is that the template file is proprietary. It contains a "UnknownID" (different from "UniqueID" - which is the header), which if the Sky3DS team suddenly disappear from the market we'd be left with our dicks hanging in the wind. There wouldn't be any way to add new games that come out. Only the Sky3DS team can generate that code. It's not a measure against Nintendo, it's to prevent clones (which guess what, there already exist, and they simply use the Sky3DS template file, so yeah, good job team Sky3DS).

Something else you should know, in order to not lose any in-game progress - for the data to be written from the temp "EEPROM" to the microSD, you need to press the home button, quit the game, AND press the blue button that switches ROMs. If you pull out the flashcart (e.g. to pull out the microSD and copy additional games) without doing this you'll lost the entire progress for that game session. I lost 6+ hours on Zelda Majora's Mask this way. Basically a whole Saturday of gaming because of this.

Last edited by DSpider,
Reactions: jowan

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Kinda laughed at this while reading the recent posts on the portal. :P
buydontbuylol.PNG

I don't really mind it although I've never had one (kinda weary of the reliability criticisms). I'd buy one for $50 in a heartbeat though.

jowan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What you should know, is that the template file is proprietary. It contains a "UnknownID" (different from "UniqueID" - which is the header), which if the Sky3DS team suddenly disappear from the market we'd be left with our dicks hanging in the wind. There wouldn't be any way to add new games that come out. Only the Sky3DS team can generate that code. It's not a measure against Nintendo, it's to prevent clones (which guess what, there already exist, and they simply use the Sky3DS template file, so yeah, good job team Sky3DS).

Something else you should know, in order to not lose any in-game progress - for the data to be written from the temp "EEPROM" to the microSD, you need to press the home button, quit the game, AND press the blue button that switches ROMs. If you pull out the flashcart (e.g. to pull out the microSD and copy additional games) without doing this you'll lost the entire progress for that game session. I lost 6+ hours on Zelda Majora's Mask this way. Basically a whole Saturday of gaming because of this.

Thanks a lot, that's very helpful!

Kinda laughed at this while reading the recent posts on the portal. :P
View attachment 21813

I don't really mind it although I've never had one (kinda weary of the reliability criticisms). I'd buy one for $50 in a heartbeat though.

Hahaha yeah, that's the post I was refering to at the beginig, figured some one would notice :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night