Chotaz

I'm back! :D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My gf's cousing is selling his x360 for 150€ (console 2 controllers and 5 games)
it has been played like 2/3 times, and a stock one is 350€...

Since i've never had a console with hdd and many potencial like x360/ps3 (no flames please)
wink.gif

I need some advices, and im waiting to get some here
tongue.gif

Also, can I mod it at home, without many risks of breaking it?(Info on what to use, how to, and dvd-dl types is appreciated)

ph34r.gif

(I already had a x360, but my father got made at me and made sure he would hit it with his hammer, as much as possible, I didnt evne got the chance to paly more then 3 times on it, not even moded the poor console was)
frown.gif

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would not buy anything if there is a chance your father is going to hit it with a hammer.
rofl2.gif

Save your money and move the hell out!

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your gf's cousin had a RROD(Red Ring of Death) (3 Red rings around the power button) then dont buy it. Even if he sent to Microsoft. Rumor is that when M$ gets the broken console, they just open it up and put everything back together. Rumor. Just buy a new one. You will be satisfied either way.

Agjsdfd

My title
Trophies
XP
Country
Its worthy getting it. I had the core system(duh..) and played Gears of War all teh time. Than decided to give it to someone.
Maybe I will get a phone contract with free X360 arcade system. I still have my Gears of War game and 20 gig harddrive
laugh.gif

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If your gf's cousin had a RROD(Red Ring of Death) (3 Red rings around the power button) then dont buy it. Even if he sent to Microsoft. Rumor is that when M$ gets the broken console, they just open it up and put everything back together. Rumor. Just buy a new one. You will be satisfied either way.

This isn't true. They either send you an entirely new system or replace the broken part (usually a flexed motherboard) and add an additional heatsink to combat it from hapening again. Plus you are still under warranty 'til almost 2010 even if you buy a used one since they extended the 3rlod to 3 years and the system came out in late 2006.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

This isn't true. They either send you an entirely new system or replace the broken part (usually a flexed motherboard) and add an additional heatsink to combat it from hapening again. Plus you are still under warranty 'til almost 2010 even if you buy a used one since they extended the 3rlod to 3 years and the system came out in late 2006.

They do NOT send New consoles. They Send you Refurbished consoles.

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The console has enver been used, cuz he buyed a better computer right after and he's a WoW g33k
tongue.gif
, so nothing bad happened to it
smile.gif
No RROD, nor anything

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I didn't own a 360 already and could not find a better deal, I'd get it.

ZeWarrior is right and the replacement is also covered by the three year warranty.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

They do NOT send New consoles. They Send you Refurbished consoles.

Right, I meant new as in a totally different console than yours. Like a new console, not the one you sent them..new to you.
The refurbed ones have a new heatsink so are better.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Chotaz

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so if im unlucky enough, ill get an hitachi and have to disassemble the console to check if its v79? meh, after identifying the drive, what to do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking +1