Hardware Thinking of buying a Wii U

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
troll comments, just go to show you are die hard nintendo fanboys. thats all. if u get peeved off cos i speak against a machine....wow. thats all i can say.

the machine is huge dissapointment...

sorry to say

Didn't log in for a while, things are slowly turning ugly here... :O

Really? I have both and I can't really tell the difference, apart from those EXTRA songs on the PS3 version. I still love both of 'em though~
ill login in when i like, why should't i?

what cos ppl on here dont like what i'm saying.

i respect ppl's views, but cmon u know deep down its a dissapointment.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
troll comments, just go to show you are die hard nintendo fanboys. thats all. if u get peeved off cos i speak against a machine....wow. thats all i can say.

the machine is huge dissapointment...

sorry to say

ill login in when i like, why should't i?

what cos ppl on here dont like what i'm saying.

i respect ppl's views, but cmon u know deep down its a dissapointment.

The problem isn't that you're criticising it but the fact that your comments are filled with troll bullshit.

Do you want real negative aspects about the Nintendo Wii U?

1) Wii U Menu doesn't have organisable folders (although it's possible to move around them).
2) Wii U Menu isn't able to change the colour, wallpaper or grid to list.
3) Wii U doesn't have a Video Player nor a Music Player, something that Xbox 360 and PS3 do have.
4) Wii U when starting up a game it displays a loading screen rather than going straight to the game.
5) Wii U GamePad or Pro Controller neither have triggers which are unfortunate for precise gaming experience.
6) Wii U doesn't have a LAN port (it's possible however to buy it separately)
7) Wii U lacks on giving new demos for arcade and retail games whereas Xbox 360 does it for almost all.
8) Wii U doesn't work properly without the GamePad.
9) Wii U without the GamePad you can't access the Settings Menu which is an important aspect of the system to configure.
10) Wii Mode isn't usable without the Wiimote.

Here you have and seriously, Paul Lee you're so delusional and might I say, an emo? Yep.

All that "disappointment" and "smh" (shakes my head) is something that emos would do.

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol dang, the above poster literally just pointed out 10 legitimate criticisms about the Wii U lol.

The Wii U is hardly perfect or the ultimate gaming system but I think it's still a great investment. Nintendo has never strived to make the ultimate gaming or entertainment system, anyone who thinks they have is just deluding themselves lol. And the Xbone and PS4 are hardly perfect either--they have much more in the way of general entertainment and functionality, but that's why they're more expensive and came out later. They're also competing directly against each other with a lot of the same boring games, the smaller parts of the experience matter more to people who are thinking which of the two to get, lol. In a way it's a shame, if Nintendo felt compelled to make the ultimate gaming and entertainment system we could get something with the PS4/Xbone level of functionality, features, hardware, etc., and Nintendo's amazing software list, but whatever, it is what it is.

Anyhow, I think there's definitely room for 2 gaming consoles in a home, the PS4 or Xbox One and the Wii U, that and a decent computer will get you most of what the gaming industry has to offer (smartphones still don't offer much besides pure time-wasters and arcade games, very few games have actual quality or depth to them, no offense, I love iPhone games).

*casual shrug* I'm not sure what my point was anymore so I'm just going to walk away...

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't that you're criticising it but the fact that your comments are filled with troll bullshit.

1) Wii U Menu doesn't have organisable folders (although it's possible to move around them). Agreed
2) Wii U Menu isn't able to change the colour, wallpaper or grid to list. Agreed
3) Wii U doesn't have a Video Player nor a Music Player, something that Xbox 360 and PS3 do have. I wouldn't use it, but still, agreed
4) Wii U when starting up a game it displays a loading screen rather than going straight to the game. Well it has to load somehow...
5) Wii U GamePad or Pro Controller neither have triggers which are unfortunate for precise gaming experience. For driving games, yes, otherwise... no
6) Wii U doesn't have a LAN port (it's possible however to buy it separately) Agreed
7) Wii U lacks on giving new demos for arcade and retail games whereas Xbox 360 does it for almost all. I would enjoy more demos, and without a use limit
8) Wii U doesn't work properly without the GamePad. Why is this a problem? There is a Gamepad with every Wii U and is supposed to be one of the selling points of the system
9) Wii U without the GamePad you can't access the Settings Menu which is an important aspect of the system to configure. See previous point
10) Wii Mode isn't usable without the Wiimote. It would be extremely nice if A) games with CC support could just use gamepad/Pro contoller or B) They bundled Wii remotes with the system to begin with

Overall, I agree with you, but points 8 & 9 I did find kinda silly.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Overall, I agree with you, but points 8 & 9 I did find kinda silly.

9) Wii U without the GamePad you can't access the Settings Menu which is an important aspect of the system to configure.

This is true, the Wii U without the GamePad is pretty much left very limited use and you can say goodbye to the Wii U games because most of them use it primarily as its controller, not the Wiimote or the Wii U Pro Controller.

Well it has to load somehow...

PS3 and Xbox 360 start up the games without a loading screen, and why is that? They show their initial screens of the brand, devs and whatever. Wii U shows all that plus a wallpaper for no reason.

For driving games, yes, otherwise... no

Wrong.

Have you played Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion or other Nintendo games? If it wasn't for the triggers the games would have had its experience limited to the crappy digital buttons that we now have on the Wii U.

Come on Nintendo stop going backwards to digital buttons bullcrap.

Reactions: TyBlood13

Blazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the wallpaper is just Nintendo's touch and not a huge deal, though I could probably do without it too, which is why I didn't bring it up. But like, yeah, time is precious, but 5 seconds probably won't kill me.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1) Wii U Menu doesn't have organisable folders (although it's possible to move around them).
2) Wii U Menu isn't able to change the colour, wallpaper or grid to list.
3) Wii U doesn't have a Video Player nor a Music Player, something that Xbox 360 and PS3 do have.
4) Wii U when starting up a game it displays a loading screen rather than going straight to the game.
5) Wii U GamePad or Pro Controller neither have triggers which are unfortunate for precise gaming experience.
6) Wii U doesn't have a LAN port (it's possible however to buy it separately)
7) Wii U lacks on giving new demos for arcade and retail games whereas Xbox 360 does it for almost all.
10) Wii Mode isn't usable without the Wiimote.

Here you have and seriously, Paul Lee you're so delusional and might I say, an emo? Yep.

All that "disappointment" and "smh" (shakes my head) is something that emos would do.
watcha ya talkin bout willis?
blazers comments are more constructive...

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my point is basically from a support persepective, the machine has more or less no 3rd party support. which i believe will kill it and thats why its a dissapointment. should you go and buy one, i say no because of this. if you want to mario. pimkin and donkey kong generally then go ahead.
people talking about load screens WTF..

smh

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Paul Lee @ Learn to use the "Edit" button so you don't make mass spam comments unnecessarily.

By the way, if you stopped shaking your head so many times it wouldn't be so damn fragmented.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
fair enough, just read the xbox1 & ps4 have the wii u lifetimes sales already in the uk.

That's normal because Nintendo's home consoles are more of a niche system rather than a primary console.

PS4 & Xbox One will still need a lot of improvements because things like MP3 music files aren't playable on either console and for an eighth gen that's just unacceptable considering PS3/X360 had it from the beginning.

It's funny that you try to take hits at it every time but as shown it didn't really work. Derp.

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's normal because Nintendo's home consoles are more of a niche system rather than a primary console.

PS4 & Xbox One will still need a lot of improvements because things like MP3 music files aren't playable on either console and for an eighth gen that's just unacceptable considering PS3/X360 had it from the beginning.

It's funny that you try to take hits at it every time but as shown it didn't really work. Derp.

Ands it funny how people dismiss other machines...mp3 doesnt play....but the wii u doesnt play mp3's either, right?

Dear Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
The Wii U is pretty much dying platform. Unless you must play Nintendo exclusives, I suggest stay clear of it.

So many hardcore multiplatform games are skipping the system. If you own Wii U, you need other console or a PC unless you super causal. But then, what the point of it is? You spend extra 300 American dollars just to play a few games. Save that money for something else.

I like old Nintendo better. Their old system are good. New ones are bad, but 3DS is okay.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U is pretty much dying platform. Unless you must play Nintendo exclusives, I suggest stay clear of it.

So many hardcore multiplatform games are skipping the system. If you own Wii U, you need other console or a PC unless you super causal. But then, what the point of it is? You spend extra 300 American dollars just to play a few games. Save that money for something else.

I like old Nintendo better. Their old system are good. New ones are bad, but 3DS is okay.

Well yeah, who the hell would get a Wii U that did not want to play Nintendo exclusives?

For me the reality is most of the games on other systems are all available on each others platforms. There is not much difference between owning Sony Microsoft or PC.

This makes the Wii U the only must own console. The others are all interchangeable.

It is definitely not a dying platform. You know Nintendo is going to support it and release AAA exclusive games for it. Gamecube finished 3rd in its console generation, did that make it a dying platform? Uh, no....gamecube had some amazing games and there are plenty of people who love the hell out of that console. I am pretty certain in spite of the "miserable failure" that the game cube was that it made more money for Nintendo than the Xbox did for Microsoft. I don't know about PS2, but it was not as profitable as you would think. The Wii made way more profit than PS3 or 360 because those console didn't even make a profit. Nintendo is basically the only hardware maker making money and they will make a profit on the Wii U as well when its all said an done.

Hardcore multiplatform games are not even neccessary for the console because of the great exclusives. Any other console would surely be dead if they did not have those games though. Wii U is not really in direct competition with those consoles because of that. If it has great games and Nintendo makes profit off it the Wii U should not be considered anything but a success.

The real question is should 360 and PS3 considered failures because they didn't make money? Personally I don't think so (gamers got great games and plenty of others made money besides the hardware makers), but I sure as hell hope those companies figure their shit out soon or their console business could die and then the Nintendo console may be the only one left and the rest of your gaming will be PC Android and ios and that would suck because the console games to a large extent drive the PC games.

Dear Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well yeah, who the hell would get a Wii U that did not want to play Nintendo exclusives?

For me the reality is most of the games on other systems are all available on each others platforms. There is not much difference between owning Sony Microsoft or PC.

This makes the Wii U the only must own console. The others are all interchangeable.

It is definitely not a dying platform. You know Nintendo is going to support it and release AAA exclusive games for it. Gamecube finished 3rd in its console generation, did that make it a dying platform? Uh, no....gamecube had some amazing games and there are plenty of people who love the hell out of that console. I am pretty certain in spite of the "miserable failure" that the game cube was that it made more money for Nintendo than the Xbox did for Microsoft. I don't know about PS2, but it was not as profitable as you would think. The Wii made way more profit than PS3 or 360 because those console didn't even make a profit. Nintendo is basically the only hardware maker making money and they will make a profit on the Wii U as well when its all said an done.

Hardcore multiplatform games are not even neccessary for the console because of the great exclusives. Any other console would surely be dead if they did not have those games though. Wii U is not really in direct competition with those consoles because of that. If it has great games and Nintendo makes profit off it the Wii U should not be considered anything but a success.

The real question is should 360 and PS3 considered failures because they didn't make money?

If you analysis trend, you see too.

NES sell 62 million.
SNES sell 49 million.
N64 sell 33 million.
GameCube sell 22 million.

The Wii was a special case cause super casuals gamers who normally wouldn't buy gaming system at all bought it.

However, Wii U isn't being marketed to casuals as much as the Wii. Plus, many of those casuals have move on to smartphones and tablets. They aren't interesting in buying another console.

The core Nintendo fanbase is going smaller and smaller.

It doesn't matter if people like system. Game's don't matter if no one buys the system. Console's success is based on sales.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You miss the point.

NES= profit
SNES= profit
N64= profit
Gamecube= profit
Wii= profit

and the handheld market= profit

This is a business, the goal is to make profit, and it seems Nintendo is the only hardware maker who knows how to do it.

Sales don't mean jack if you are losing money like Sony and the Xbox brand except for fanboy pissing contests and posting troll bait.

Dismissing the success of the Wii because it fits your argument is pretty dang silly as well. It's sales and profit don't matter because of what? Because they tapped a huge market that has move on? I don't see anyone saying the Wii U is going to sell more than the Wii.

If you want a personal story....I never had and N64 or Gamecube. I got a Wii though and got re-introduced to these Nintendo Franchises. Same with the DS.....I hadn't had one since the original gameboy. I have bought way more games for Nintendo consoles than my PS3 or 360. I am not saying this is a huge trend that is going to mean big business, I am just telling you my story. Halfway through the PS2 life-cycle I got pretty bored with most of the games coming out. Nintendo won me back. I play and have other consoles as well, but by far spend most of my time on Nintendo platforms.

Yes, third parties are going to make more money publishing on other platforms, but Nintendo does not need those games to succeed. Look at the history of profit. Sony and Microsoft are enabling others to make money well they are losing it. That is not sustainable. Nintendo making hardware, software, and profit is.

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
You miss the point.

NES= profit
SNES= profit
N64= profit
Gamecube= profit
Wii= profit

This is a business, the goal is to make profit, and it seems Nintendo is the only hardware maker who knows how to do it.

Sales don't mean jack if you are losing money like Sony and the Xbox brand except for fanboy pissing contests and posting troll bait.

Dismissing the success of the Wii because it fits your argument is pretty dang silly as well. It's sales and profit don't matter because of what? Because they tapped a huge market that has move on? I don't see anyone saying the Wii U is going to sell more than the Wii.
Only a fool takes up a fools argument, let the trolls troll. We'll be having the same conversation 6-8 years from now when Nintendo's new console comes out and then again after that.

Dear Leader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Only a fool takes up a fools argument, let the trolls troll. We'll be having the same conversation 6-8 years from now when Nintendo's new console comes out and then again after that.

I disagree with all the Nintendo fans and bring up a logical argument, and that makes me troll? I think you should check what trolling is.

You miss the point.

NES= profit
SNES= profit
N64= profit
Gamecube= profit
Wii= profit

If you want a personal story....I never had and N64 or Gamecube. I got a Wii though and got re-introduced to these Nintendo Franchises. Same with the DS.....I hadn't had one since the original gameboy. I have bought way more games for Nintendo consoles than my PS3 or 360. I am not saying this is a huge trend that is going to mean big business, I am just telling you my story. Halfway through the PS2 life-cycle I got pretty bored with most of the games coming out. Nintendo won me back. I play and have other consoles as well, but by far spend most of my time on Nintendo platforms.

You know Nintendo has been reporting significant losses for the company in the past few years in a row? This is the first time they reported losses since the 8-bit era. I don't see where the "profit" is.

Reactions: paulee123

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1