OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
And I have a few questions..

1. I've looked at a lot of topic and understand that I should buy the PSP 2000, at first I thought I should buy the 3000, so, is 2000 really the best option?

2. I understand that there are version of the PSP that aren't hackable, is it true or is there a way to hack every PSP? And what firmware will I probably get from buying a new PSP2000 and will it be hackable?

3. What does the Pandora battery do? I don't understand that yet.

4. Should I get a 4GB memory stick or a 8GB? I'm guessing 8GB for size, but are there any problems with using a 8GB? And what brand should I get?

5. Does anyone know a good, reliable site that ships world-wide at low costs(That has everything I need to hack a PSP)? I wanted to order a PSP from Amazon but they don't ship electronics to Israel.

6. Anyone knows a good step-by-step guide on hacking a PSP2000 without the need of another PSP?

I had a few other questions but I can't remember them now, I'll add them once I remember.
And for people who'll tell me to use the search function or google, already did that, and I still need help with things.

Thanks.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
OmerMe said:
And I have a few questions..

1. I've looked at a lot of topic and understand that I should buy the PSP 2000, at first I thought I should buy the 3000, so, is 2000 really the best option? 1000 is your best option, but if you want to risk a 2K get a used one.

2. I understand that there are version of the PSP that aren't hackable, is it true or is there a way to hack every PSP? And what firmware will I probably get from buying a new PSP2000 and will it be hackable? every PSP is hackable, but 3K cant be hacked after firmware 5.03 theres no way around it. If you get a new 2K look at the box for a letter, if the letter is G and above it only can be hacked to 5.03

3. What does the Pandora battery do? I don't understand that yet. pandora makes the PSP in a state so you can downgrade and hack it to any CFW. Only works on 1K and 2K

4. Should I get a 4GB memory stick or a 8GB? I'm guessing 8GB for size, but are there any problems with using a 8GB? And what brand should I get? There is no problems with 8GB you could even get a 16GB. Get an offical Sony one, so if you ever need to use Pandora you can use the memory stick

5. Does anyone know a good, reliable site that ships world-wide at low costs(That has everything I need to hack a PSP)? I wanted to order a PSP from Amazon but they don't ship electronics to Israel. hm, i dont know about online shipping, someone else might know

6. Anyone knows a good step-by-step guide on hacking a PSP2000 without the need of another PSP? yes. http://pspslimhacks.com/easy-chickhen-cust...ithout-pandora/ but if you get a 2K run pspident when you have enabled chickhen if your not sure if its fully hackable

I had a few other questions but I can't remember them now, I'll add them once I remember.
And for people who'll tell me to use the search function or google, already did that, and I still need help with things.

Thanks.

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks for the fast reply.

1. I want to do things you can't with a 1000, like playing the PSP on the TV ( I know you can with a 1000, but you need to open it up and do things inside.. I don't want that). I've played a 1000 before but not a 2000 or a 3000, but the 2000 seems like a big improvement over the 1000. That's why I'd like to get a 2000.

2. Since I'm planning to buy one online ( Costs too much here. >

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
OmerMe said:
Thanks for the fast reply.

1. I want to do things you can't with a 1000, like playing the PSP on the TV ( I know you can with a 1000, but you need to open it up and do things inside.. I don't want that). I've played a 1000 before but not a 2000 or a 3000, but the 2000 seems like a big improvement over the 1000. That's why I'd like to get a 2000. I don't know about that, but if 2K is what you want you should
biggrin.gif

2. Since I'm planning to buy one online ( Costs too much here. >

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Man you're quick. xD
Thanks for everything, now all I need is a good, reliable site to get the actual PSP2000.
And I know Dealextreme, it's a good site, but they don't sell consoles.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Do NOT buy that Memory Stick. It ships from a third party seller, and therefore may in all likelihood be fake. Buy yourself a Sandisk MS from Newegg.

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
This one?

About the G on the 2000 box, what does it represent and what letters are there? I've seen people talking about TA-088v3 and things, what is it? What versions are there? And what do I need to be able to hack the PSP?

Thanks.

scizo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
im also planning to buy a psp i was at a second hand store and they had a psp 2000 (which was broken) and 1 black psp 3004 and a silver 3004

they let me turn it on test it so. my question is

where do i check what firmware it is when u turn it on,

and whats the difference with chikHEN and the other hack

my friend has a psp 1000 hacked and pandora battery so he can hack it for me.

i heard chikHEN u cant turn ur psp off sounds like trouble to me.

appreciate ur help

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
OmerMe said:
This one?

About the G on the 2000 box, what does it represent and what letters are there? I've seen people talking about TA-088v3 and things, what is it? What versions are there? And what do I need to be able to hack the PSP?

Thanks.

I forgot to ask, is the PSP region locked or it doesn't matter if I buy a NTSC PSP or a PAL PSP?

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks.
And another question, will I have to do something everytime I turn the PSP on in order to play ISOs? I saw people talking about this stuff, like this.
Is he talking just about 3000 or is it valid for the 2000 as well?

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
That's just for the 3000 and 2000's with the TA-88v3 board.

Once you've got CFW on there, it'll stay there until you overwrite it.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
scizo said:
im also planning to buy a psp i was at a second hand store and they had a psp 2000 (which was broken) and 1 black psp 3004 and a silver 3004

they let me turn it on test it so. my question is

where do i check what firmware it is when u turn it on, Turn it on, go all the way left, do down to System Settings and then to System Information.

and whats the difference with chikHEN and the other hack lolwut?

my friend has a psp 1000 hacked and pandora battery so he can hack it for me.

i heard chikHEN u cant turn ur psp off sounds like trouble to me. thats for V3 motherboards, once you have chickhen on it, its best not to turn the psp off because it resets it self back to official firmware. but if you get a V2 or V1 mobo you wont have to worry about chickhen

appreciate ur help

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think by "and whats the difference with ChickHEN and the other hack" he means:
What is the difference between ChickHEN + custom firmware enabler and full custom firmware.

The difference is that full custom firmware is installed to the flash.
So everytime you start up your PSP it will boot in CFW as it is installed to the flash.
Even if you fully shut it down.

While when you use ChickHEN + 5.03 GEN-B you will have to trick the PSP into homebrew mode using the TIFF exploit and the ChickHEN bin file and enable the CFW enabler once ChickHEN is active. If you put the PSP in standby the CFW enabler remains active.
But if you fully shut it down you will have to repeat these steps to run homebrew and ISO`s.

However not all PSP`s accept full CFW.
It depends on the motherboard like deanxxczx pointed out.
smile.gif

All PSP 100x models are fully hackable, some 2000 models are not.
And no 3000 models are fully hackable.

You can check or your 2000 model is hackable on 2 ways:

1 - By updating it to 5.03 Installing and running ChickHEN then run PSPident to identify the motherboard type and match it with the following picture:
hackablepsps2.png

If it is fully hackable you can flash full CFW to it if not you will have to use:
ChickHEN + GEN-B.

2 - Popping a pandora battery in it and a magic memmory stick.
If the pandora menu comes on screen your PSP is fully hackable.
This because the ones that are not do not accept pandora battery + MMS.

However if your PSP 2000 is on a higher firmware than 5.03 and is not fully hackable then you are doomed and have to wait for someone to find a exploit for a higher firmware.
Same goes for the PSP 3000.

nadine

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dude, the first thing I'm gonna tell you is: Don't get one. That's just my advice, you don't have to depend on it. I have a PSP, and I didn't touch it in like 4 years. It's one of those consoles that you're gonna keep under your bed forever. And it loads too much. Just stick to DS.

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
There are some games I want to play on it, and the library of good games on the PSP is expanding, that's why I want to get one, maybe after I'm done playing those games I'll sell it..
I'm sure I won't grow tired of the PSP fast, as I won't play it that much, I haven't grown tired of the DS since 2006 or so.
Selling it won't be too hard, my friends always want to buy my stuff (especially the DS, since I have a phat and a lite a lot of people I know wants to buy the phat, and I'm planning on getting a DSiXL)

---
Is there a way of knowing what motherboard the PSP has before buying it? Is that the letter you were talking about on the box? I've been looking at some sites but haven't seen the detailes about the motherboard there.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
nadine said:
Dude, the first thing I'm gonna tell you is: Don't get one. That's just my advice, you don't have to depend on it. I have a PSP, and I didn't touch it in like 4 years. It's one of those consoles that you're gonna keep under your bed forever. And it loads too much. Just stick to DS.

You must be living under a rock then.

QUOTE(OmerMe @ Nov 14 2009, 03:07 PM) There are some games I want to play on it, and the library of good games on the PSP is expanding, that's why I want to get one, maybe after I'm done playing those games I'll sell it..
I'm sure I won't grow tired of the PSP fast, as I won't play it that much, I haven't grown tired of the DS since 2006 or so.
Selling it won't be too hard, my friends always want to buy my stuff (especially the DS, since I have a phat and a lite a lot of people I know wants to buy the phat, and I'm planning on getting a DSiXL)

---
Is there a way of knowing what motherboard the PSP has before buying it? Is that the letter you were talking about on the box? I've been looking at some sites but haven't seen the detailes about the motherboard there.

There is numerous ways.
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=183671 just look on this thread, it tells you the ways to tell if its hackable

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
nadine said:
If you didn't touch it in 4 years you have missed out on a lot of awesome games. The DS has a variety of good games, but even though the PSP doesn't have as many good games as the DS, the few good games it has a really good.

OmerMe

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Thanks deanxxczx.

Since I don't want a Phat my best bet is to get a bundle (the Daxter one), right? Because it has 3.80 OFW and a TA-085v2 motherboard, therefore it's hackable.

Is it a special edition thing that's hard to get? I can't seem to find one online (I don't really want sites like eBay.. I want reliable sites that has new stuff like Amazon)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s