Hardware Thinking of buying a PS3

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I been thinking of buying a PS3 ever since I bought my PSP Go a few months back. What GB PS3 should I get. All that I really want to play is PS1 Classics, Sonic Generations (So I can play it at full frames instead on pc), upcomming Sonic Adventure 2 and the Mini games.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I been thinking of buying a PS3 ever since I bought my PSP Go a few months back. What GB PS3 should I get. All that I really want to play is PS1 Classics, Sonic Generations (So I can play it at full frames instead on pc), upcomming Sonic Adventure 2 and the Mini games.
It's your choice in the end but I regret buying my ps3.
There are no special games for me on the system.
And I really hate the loading times on the bloody thing.
Also the move games are dreadfull imho
And I surely would'nt buy it for the game you mentioned.
The only thing I use it for is a blu ray movie once in a while.
I really started hating this thing after the credit card info leak.....

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for what you want one of the smaller models would do you, the beauty of the ps3 is if you do fill up the hdd you can replace it with any 2.5 hdd you find

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'd say just get the standard 120 GB. That's what I got. The PS1 classics and whatever games you download on it (if you do) will give you more than enough room. And you can easily just take movies you pirated downloaded on your PC and put them on there, same with music, and it'll be you're all around thing. It'd make a great media player and you'd still have room.

Hell, the only reason why I have so little space left on my PS3 is because I'm too lazy to delete the games I've downloaded from PSN. But I still have about 40 gigs.

It's your choice in the end but I regret buying my ps3.
There are no special games for me on the system.
And I really hate the loading times on the bloody thing.
Also the move games are dreadfull imho
And I surely would'nt buy it for the game you mentioned.
The only thing I use it for is a blu ray movie once in a while.
I really started hating this thing after the credit card info leak.....

I haven't really noticed anything that bad. I mean, I would say the worse is maybe Uncharted (from my library), but it's only like 10 seconds, and the music is still playing so I don't care, and I get to enjoy the theme more. It's no worse than Wii's or 360's.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I meant game loading in general, for instance Fifa 12 between matches etc.and the system itself.
Also games like Uncharted, Gran Turismo 5.
Anyway Uncharted is probably the best game on the system, so no biggy.
And I'm not even talking about PSN, that's really shitty compared to Wii for instance in terms of lag.
In comparison my almost 8 year old pc loads similar games much much faster.
It's hard to go back to ps3 after that tryng to play GTA 4...

Metrenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say wait for the new ps3 slim thats coming out, newer models usually means less problems, i bought a 80gb old model like 2 weeks before the slim came out, i beat myself up for that for a while, but i changed the HDD to a 250gb one so its allright, but i think they new one will have a 500gb one if you buy it with the uncharted 3 bundle, and ps3 is awesome >.< any1 wanna play UMVC3, Killzone3, DjHero2, Rock band1 or 3, MK9, Mw2, or Mw3, add me, Luiz0xd...just a warning i suck at most of these lulz, but im trying to get better at them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1