Homebrew Thinking of buying a new 2ds pokeball edition

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking of re-buying a new ds system and it never even crossed my mind to hack any new 3ds or 3ds or 2ds system. I have a good collection of games most of which are all the AAA titles. I'm very interested in maybe being able to try before buy or use homebrews. I was wondering can the pokeball edition be hacked? If so is it hard? What does it unlock once it's hacked. Thanks appreciate the help been a huge fan and been reading the site for so many years. Had to do a new account because i probably didn't log in in centuries hehe.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The changes of a brick are really small, but that's the price to pay for CFW. I have personally modded 6 systems, 3 of them with NTR and no bricks. As long as you follow the guide exactly you're safe.

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got my POkeball N2DSXL last week, it looks and feels so great. Got an O3DS a N3DS XL and a N2DS XL now and the 2DS is definitely my favourite :)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks friend. How safe is it in terms of bricking and stuff can it happen?
Not an issue with the ntrboot method since ntrboot lets you unbrick if anything goes wrong.
Though I don't think there's been a single reported brick from installing B9S. It's gotten very safe.
You will need a $20 DS flashcart to use ntrboot though. This one will work: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks all for the tips i'm all set :) will keep you posted on what happened if it's a success ^^ really appreciated. You really need a flash cart to do that? it's not all internally? Similar to the old wii days?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks all for the tips i'm all set :) will keep you posted on what happened if it's a success ^^ really appreciated. You really need a flash cart to do that? it's not all internally? Similar to the old wii days?
It is all internal installs, the exploit isn't run from the Flashcart. The cart is only used to give arm 9 access to the stock console in sleep mode so you can install the exploit. There is no other public k9exploit that works on stock firmware over 11.3..

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have gotten the pokeball late finally started to gather the stuff i need for it.

I found this in my stash a R4i 4.5 wifi 3ds flash card. it's not usable for that stuff right?

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have gotten the pokeball late finally started to gather the stuff i need for it.

I found this in my stash a R4i 4.5 wifi 3ds flash card. it's not usable for that stuff right?

that thing ^

It says their website underneath it with sdhc... if anyone knows it cause i cannot post any pics.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It says their website underneath it with sdhc... if anyone knows it cause i cannot post any pics.

Navonod

Luigi from Luigi's Mansion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's all good :) I managed to post it above. Should be working.
Looks like it will work. I believe all RTS carts share the same firmware so you could even flash it back to the original firmware after doing ntrboot.
The backup can be found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/flashcard-firmware-backups.481268/page-2 posted by user Eix.

EDIT: Scratch that look for Oldsx's comment a little further down. That should be the right back up. Just read EVERYTHING before doing anything.

Last edited by Navonod, , Reason: Wrong info

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Looks like it will work. I believe all RTS carts share the same firmware so you could even flash it back to the original firmware after doing ntrboot.
The backup can be found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/flashcard-firmware-backups.481268/page-2 posted by user Eix.

EDIT: Scratch that look for Oldsx's comment a little further down. That should be the right back up. Just read EVERYTHING before doing anything.
wow that old of a flash cart would work this is kinda NEAT :D :) let's see if this succeeds.

It says and error has occurred press power button. When i click the card inside the 2ds. I wanted to test like the tutorial says to make sure it can read .nds files. The sd is formatted fat 32 , with nothing else but a .nds file on it. No folders nothing. What am i missing?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
wow that old of a flash cart would work this is kinda NEAT :D :) let's see if this succeeds.

It says and error has occurred press power button. When i click the card inside the 2ds. I wanted to test like the tutorial says to make sure it can read .nds files. The sd is formatted fat 32 , with nothing else but a .nds file on it. No folders nothing. What am i missing?
You need the kernel files for your cart. Start by trying the website printed on the sticker.

Reactions: Majickhat55

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need the kernel files for your cart. Start by trying the website printed on the sticker.
I did but im not certain what to do. I dumped everything from the .rar on a formated sd with fat 32. Didn't do anything. confused.

eiji

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downloaded v1.84B dumped to the sd then put inside the 3ds then executed bomber man thing that appears nothing works same message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DBZ 90% filler lol