Thinking of buying a flashcard for my girlfriend and myself, looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Tim Williams, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Tim Williams
    OP

Tim Williams Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    First off, I decided to post this thread in this forum because currently the Supercard DSTwo seems to be the best option for a flash card.

So, with the new Pokemon release I'm thinking about finally giving in and buying a 3DS XL for my girlfriend and myself for Christmas. I've been a fan of flash cards for a long time, I used an Acekard 2I on my DS Lite for a long time.
    However it's come to my attention that the Acekard folks don't update their firmware all that often.

So I've started looking at other options for flash cards, as far as my research tells me there's no worry of our 3DS XL's getting bricked, and you can even play online with most flash cards. However you do need to update the firmware on the card often as Nintendo tends to force updates.

So far it seems the two best options are either the R4i 3DS Gold or the Supercard DSTwo, with favor leaning towards the DSTwo.

I wanted to get some input from you all:
    Which card would you recommend, if not the DSTwo?
    How has the DSTwo been in your experience?
    How well does it run emulators for older games like SNES, GBA, DS, etc. And how well does it run 3DS games?
    Do the people at Supercard update their firmware frequently enough that we won't have to worry to much about waiting a long time to update our 3DS'?

Any input is appreciated, I've been doing some research of my own and have my own opinions, but I'd love to hear from people who have been more active with flash cards and actually own 3DS Xl's.

Also I'd like to know, how risky is it to play online with a flash card? Would you recommend just sticking to offline, or LAN play when possible?

2. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    The DSTwo doesn't run 3DS games at all.

There are a couple of 3DS mode flash cards which have become available recently, but they require a 3DS with quite an old firmware.

3. Pleng

Pleng GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 14, 2011
    Thailand
    (double post)

4. LurkerA

LurkerA ㊣New3DS

Apr 8, 2010
    United States
    FYI:
    The site you linked to R4i Gold 3DS should be r4ids.cn, r4ixx.us is fake site! see below details:

Statement:www.r4ids.cn is our sole official site! (2013-06-13)[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Statement:www.r4ids.cn is our sole official site! we don't have any so-called "mirror" site at any moment, all others(like: "XXX.us","XXX.net.." ) are all fake which were not from us any more, please don't download any firmware and kernel from there, which might damage your card...

5. Tim Williams
    OP

Tim Williams Member

Newcomer
    Nov 19, 2013
    United States
    Hmm, that sucks that there aren't any current flash cards that can play 3DS games up to date. I guess Nintendo has been doing a much better job of stopping flash cards this gen then they did with the DS.

Well which of those two performs better in general? I may still purchase one to play older games on and emulate stuff on.