Thinking of buying a DSL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Satummoo, Jul 14, 2007.

Jul 14, 2007

Thinking of buying a DSL by Satummoo at 2:06 PM (1,163 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Satummoo
    OP

Newcomer Satummoo Member

United States
    I haven't been on this board for awhile but after I started college, I didn't have a lot of time to play my DSL and I sold it. There are a few games that I would like to try, namely Pokemon D/P. I know it's a kids game but I remember playing the original Red, Blue and Yellow and they were a lot of fun. Do you guys think it's worth it to buy another DSL just for that one game? I think also I would buy a R4 to load some backups too so I'd never have to switch cartridges on the go. What do you guys think?

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    If you only wanted it to play pokemon, I wouldn't think it'd be worth it. However the DSL is a great little device, and you should be happy with it and the R4. There are lots of promising new games too, and I'm sure something else will catch your attention

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    yeah. Pokemon D/P is a reasonable game, relying on a similar formula to the previous pokemon games. However i don't believe pokemon alone justifies purchasing a DS.

Of course, DS is can and should be used for much greater things including other games and homebrew.

I do love my DS as many others do.
    If you can find the time to use it and get yourself set up with the best homebrew etc i'd reccomend you buy it.

4. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    A lot of games have been released for the DS, I'm sure there are more to capture your attention than just Pokemon, now that you have time to play them. Pokemon themselves are the same, good old Pokemon. If you liked Red/Blue/Yellow, you'll like Diamond/Pearl too. But there are other games too, as well as homebrew apps, SCUMM VM, media player capabilities, etc. etc. I think getting a DSL and a flashcard is well worth the moneyz.

5. Satummoo
    OP

Newcomer Satummoo Member

United States
    that case, maybe i'll pick one up. Debating weather to get one over ebay or in store. The last one I bought new and it was great, no dead pixels or anything. Maybe this time I should buy instore in case I run into any problems? I just hate paying full price while in ebay payed 120$ shipped and no tax. Also, do they have good gaurds that protect the black gloss finish of the onyx color?

6. loathsome

Member loathsome GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Pokèmon isn't a "kids game"!

7. Satummoo
    OP

Newcomer Satummoo Member

United States
    to most it is [​IMG]
    Then again, Mario is a "kids game" but ussualy you'd see more college students playing mario then pokemon [​IMG]

8. ImperialX

Member ImperialX GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Actually...I prefer Pokemon more than Mario. Pokemon is a very deep and addictive game actually. Then again, you could say that I'm a "kid". [​IMG]

9. AlBa

Member AlBa GBAtemp Regular

when i got out, i sometimes forget my mobile phone... never my DSL!