thinking of buying a dsi lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by miss_DSlite, May 2, 2010.

May 2, 2010
  1. miss_DSlite
    OP

Member miss_DSlite GBAtemp Regular

United States
    cause there's like 10 different ds out there my last dsL was a regular with a legit r4 card and i lost it on my old house...

now that I'm pump to play games again what DS should i buy and what flashcard works best for all old games and new with out having to upgrade firmware back and forward ?

i heard from people saying get the m3 etc but is there something good that won't be fake if i buy it online?

need u guys to explain [​IMG] with ds and flashcard i should get [​IMG]

2. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    Acekard is probably the best because of AKAIO. Get a DSL there's no point in getting anything higher because the 3DS will be out soon.

3. xbones090

Newcomer xbones090 Advanced Member

Netherlands
    first there is no dsi LITE only XL and normal and second if you buy a dsi i recommand a acekard 2i. and if your are afraid for fake one's buy them here at the shoptemp

4. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    theres no such thing as a dsi lite

u should get a dsi (normal size) and a ak2i

buy a dsi wherever is cheaper

and a ak2i from shoptemp

5. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    Well, it really depends on your preference to which DS you should get.

If you're just looking to play, I'd say get a DSL. Prices have gone down but it's still very good.
    If you want something a little better (screens, build, cameras), then go with the DSi! If you like DSiware and stuff, go with this one as well!
    Anndd lastly, if you're willing to pay a bit more and want a big improvement for the screens, go with the DSi XL. I heard the large screens are a total improvement... But you are just paying for the bigger screens.

As for flashcarts, you can't go wrong with the Acekard 2i! It'll work for any DS and it's just a really great cart. Great support team (not native, but the AKAIO team is uber good). And it's cheap too.

If you're getting a DSi/XL, you could wait for the DSTWO to be released, because it can do a lot of things: GBA emulation, which is only possible through the iPlayer if on a DSi/XL, play videos not only in .dpg, and has a lot of nifty features as well.

6. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    Never mind I read the title.

7. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    I got a DSi XL and an Acekard 2i, and I am extremely happy with the combo. $170 for a new DSi or $190 for a new DSi XL? Trust me, that extra $20 for the bigger screens is completely worth it especially if you like to play for long periods of time at a sitting.

8. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Well actually, it comes with $18 of DSiWare, and it's only $20 more than the regular DSi, so technically you're only paying $2 for the extra features (bigger screen with a better view angle [I can see what's on the screen from almost directly beside the XL], slightly louder speakers, an extra hinge stop for playing on a table, a bigger stylus, etc.).

9. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    haven't done any proper comparison between DSi and DSiXL, but compared to the DSlite speakers actually produce better sound as well.
    although you might not notice at first, you'll notice the difference when going back from DSiXL to DSlite.
    (difference sounded to me like 96k MP3->192k MP3)

10. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you already have a DS Lite, it doesn't hurt to get a DSi if you have enough money.