Hacking Thinking of buying a 360, but some questions

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had a 360 in a very long time, but I have a few questions.
First, all I could get is the $200 version, which has only a 4GB hard drive. Assuming I do not want any downloadable games, would 4GB be enough?
Second, what are the odds I'd be able to "mod" it? I have not kept up with the 360 scene at all, and have no clue what it's hackability status is.
Third, assuming buying a new one would be modable, is there anyway to play isos off an external HDD, ala PS3? If not, what about internal HDD? If not, is there ANY method that doesn't require buying burnable discs?

Thanks for the help.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st, Some games limit what you can do without an HDD, for instance; Halo Reach makes it so you cannot play Campaign over Live without one, or use the File Browser/Save Replays.

2nd, You have to buy nearly $200 more of equipment if you want to jtag/flash it, If you want to play "backups", I'd recommend getting an X360Dock, a USB loader for around $80, but if you want to play Xbox Live, you'll have to wait, since it's not safe yet & you may get banned.

3rd, I answered it in my 2nd response already.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Some newer games, like Rage or Battlefield 3, even should be installed to the HD. Otherwise you have really long loading times, weak textures and strange noises from your drive...so I recommend a bigger HD, belive me, it's better this way.

As for modding: Not easy, not cheap, not safe, to sum it up. A bit more info is in this topic.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I want tbh is backups, and I never intend to use Xbox Live. But it still costs and extra $80 apparently, so it's out anyway.
Thanks all, I think I'll stick with my PC/PS3/Wii for now.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If your just looking to play backups head over to XBOX-Scene and in the 360 BST forum there is a guy that sells RGH slims for around 300$. You'll be fine with one of those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM