Thinking of a name for my solo project

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by sonknuck23, Jul 24, 2010.

Jul 24, 2010
  1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    So, all ideas are welcome, but I can't really give you an example of what I play because I don't have any recordings. My songs are often about strange things and it's never obvious in the lyrics what the song is about. I've written about young murder, love, knife fights between sailors on a ship (no lie), and a drug-dealer who rethinks his life. . as a drug dealer.

I want a name that isn't MY name. I was rolling with

"The Beverly Hills Massacre" but my friend told me it sounds like a shitty hardcore band from Montreal, so I dumped that idea and now I'm looking again.
    My first E.P is going to be titled "Roaming the Streets in Search of God", and I've found studio time with the guy that records my band. Any ideas are totally welcome, and I'm sorry if I can't help you brain-storm THAT much, but I want it to be a really good name. I know the name should come from within myself, but It's about time I found one and I really can't think of anything.

Whoever gives me my name will get credited in my E.P booklet!! lmao. (Real talk; I'm not joking.)

Thanks in advance!!

2. imshortandrad

Member imshortandrad GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think you should just stick to what you want, wether your friend likes it or not. [​IMG]

3. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    I'm not so into your scene there, bucko, so it would be difficult for me to give a good name. BHM does sound like a really bad metal band, though - and I'm assuming you're more....indie rock?

4. imshortandrad

United States
    I wouldn't really consider it Indie rock =/

5. monkat

Banned monkat I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.

United States
    The names? He hasn't shown us any music xD

6. imshortandrad

United States
    Lol, yeah I wish he could show some music, he's really good.

His songs are awesome, but I'm awful with coming up with names, period, so I can't help him out. [​IMG]

7. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    Ah [​IMG] If I could show you I would. Maybe I'll do a really shit recording with the girlfriends netbook and you'll have an idea.

EDIT: I made a crappy crappy crappy crappy recording. It's early, my voice sucked during the recording, but there's no way in hell I'm re-doing it. Oh, and I used a shitty netbook + Goldwave to record, so don't expect professional work here.

REMINDER: IT SUCKS. I said I was confident with it, and then I listened to it, it was shit. I'm so embarassed. But anyway, you need to hear it to be able to help me out!!
    I'm ready to die, now. Click here.

(if you want the lyrics, let me know.)

(ALSO, Listen to the end, I talk a bit. and I say let me know if you know any good song titles, but I meant to say project titles. Like, a name for my project. Thanks again!)