thinking of a chip...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by aZnXrAvEr, Jul 25, 2007.

Jul 25, 2007

thinking of a chip... by aZnXrAvEr at 7:27 AM (938 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. aZnXrAvEr
    OP

Member aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well right now I feel like getting a mod chip for my Wii... but I can't decide what to pick! I think I narrowed it down to 2 chips: Wiikey and Wiinja Deluxe.

I was going to get the Wiikey because it seemed good... but then I saw a lot of posts in this forum about how bad it is, like original GC games not working correctly? and hardly any upgrades for the Wiikey?... So now I'm thinking of the Wiinja because it also seems good... but it's not as popular as the Wiikey for some reason.

Any suggestions / other good chips? [​IMG]

btw, i'm ignoring the cyclowiz because of all advertisement that maxconsole was doing...

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Ironically the wiikey was the most popular chip for quite some time which knocked the popularity of the wiinja and others like the cyclowiz.

Wiikey: some gamecube games stream audio (unfortunately they are some of the best), this messes up with some chips so there is a so called audiofix that can be done. The wiikey attempt does not work at present meaning you have to try patching the ISO (fstfix in the download section if I recall).

Wiinja deluxe
    Cyclowiz
    Homebrew chip.
    I would say the Wiid but I do not know much about it.

3. modshroom128

Member modshroom128 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    GET A WIIKEY!

the lies the manafacturers tell the consumers tends to spice up my life! and make me check for any possible signs of updates on their shitty site!

4. aZnXrAvEr
    OP

Member aZnXrAvEr GBAtemp Regular

United States