Hardware Thinking about selling and upgrading to a 3DS XL

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Believe it or not I've never actually seen an dsi XL/ 3DS XL.

Had a few questions.

Is it much louder?
Are the graphics distorted in anyway?
If I purchased a 2nd hand one with ambassadors is there anyway to keep it if I system transfer my old 3DS to the new XL?
Are there any common manufacturer issues? like for example how the original 3DS got screen scratches?

How much would you say this is worth?

Clean, well looked after Aqua Blue 3DS with original charger and charger dock and pen, perfect box with all manuals, AR cards. Mario character kit case, hard leather case, one extra official Nintendo 3DS pen, Brand new circle pad pro opened but unused in original box.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Q. Is it much louder?
A. No, its quieter but its more stereo than 3DS.

Q. Are the graphics distorted in anyway?
A. Nope, just bigger pixels.

Q. If I purchased a 2nd hand one with ambassadors is there anyway to keep it if I system transfer my old 3DS to the new XL?
A. No

Q. Are there any common manufacturer issues?
A. I saw on temp that some people had Dead Pixel and extra rubber on the Slide Pad. My XL doesn't have those.

Q. How much would you say this is worth?
A. Second Hand? Hmmm i'd say around 100 Euro.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think u can only have 1 acc.
The one that's atm on the 3DS or the one that u would like to have. Dunno really about that, i could be wrong.

It doesn't have accounts, the titles are merged.

Let's supose you have a console X and you're transferring your games to system Y:

If you don't have A game on system Y, the game will go to system Y and will be deleted from system X.
If you have an B game on Y system, that you don't have on system X, the game will remain after the transference
If you have a game on both X and Y systems, they will remain on X and Y systems.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't have accounts, the titles are merged.

Let's supose you have a console X and you're transferring your games to system Y:

If you don't have A game on system Y, the game will go to system Y and will be deleted from system X.
If you have an B game on Y system, that you don't have on system X, the game will remain after the transference
If you have a game on both X and Y systems, they will remain on X and Y systems.

You sign into your Club Nintendo account in the eShop's settings, and then use the 3DS Transfer Utility to move your stuff to the new system. Stop shooting so much marijuana and snorting hookers.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You sign into your Club Nintendo account in the eShop's settings, and then use the 3DS Transfer Utility to move your stuff to the new system. Stop shooting so much marijuana and snorting hookers.

First, you don't need to be signed to club Nintendo to transfer your games.
Second, I was answering to @GamerzHell9137, showing him what would happen to your games on both systems.
Third, this has nothing to do with Marijuana or hookers, why the hell do you even mention it?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The third was a poor attempt at being funny. And I didn't know you didn't have to be signed-in to transfer titles, I have always just remained signed-in at all times.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
VMM and DaggerV are both right. When you do a system transfer, all downloads/purchases from both systems are merged onto the target device, including ambassador status and games. I know this from experience.

Anyway, if you have larger hands, I seriously recommend upgrading from the original 3DS to the 3DS XL. Not only does it feel loads comfier on larger hands, but it's overall better designed. The rounded edges don't jab the fleshy folds between your index finger and thumbs like the original, the Dpad and triggers are loads comfier and are of better quality, and the stylus holder is in a much more convenient location (to the right side where it can be easily intuitively removed without looking, as opposed to a rather random position on the back). Furthermore, the lack of a matte finish on the plastic means it's not an absolute fingerprint magnet like the original one was. To top it all off, the XL gets an hour or two of longer battery life.

All that said, the only true downside is that the speakers are noticeably a tad quieter (apparently, the XL has smaller speakers, to save space). But at least for me, that's not a big deal unless I'm in a loud place (where I generally would use headphones regardless).

As a small bonus, if you're nitpicky about DS mode not looking as crisp as on a regular DS, switching to 1:1 pixel mode on the XL still leaves you with a screen larger than on the original DS systems (except for the DSi XL, of course).

I think that covers about everything, unless I forgot something extremely major. :P

Reactions: Tekken179

Tekken179

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Few great solid comments there,

GAME.co.uk are selling 3DS XL's for 124 quid atm using a voucher, that's as about as cheap as I could find for a brand new one, going to go for the red myself. Upgrading soon

Also I'm 6ft 3"... as you could imagine my hands are large so the larger size is welcomed to my hands! :)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Q. If I purchased a 2nd hand one with ambassadors is there anyway to keep it if I system transfer my old 3DS to the new XL?
A. No.

That isn't true the 3DS libraries will be combined. I've done this with Fire Emblem 3DS to Animal Crossing 3DS. Both were digital copies and everything just got combined on the eShop so if you want to redownload it you just go there. I've done this from experience twice and actually I've called Nintendo Support about this. All my games from Abass to Animal Crossing were all on the eShop ready for download. It would be stupid if Nintendo did it so one got completely erased.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
From original 3DS to 3DS XL

I have to say is a BIG improvement in every way. Now I can't even go back to the Original. I just look at it like"Eww".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all