Thinking about a new flashcart...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Goloki, Jun 27, 2008.

Jun 27, 2008
  1. Goloki
    OP

Member Goloki GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    Hey, I'm thinking about getting a new flashcart, as my R4 is getting (quite) old. Given the fact that my R4 still does what I want it for (playing games), and I'm not interested in those "extra" features like slow-mo or cheating, I thought that an iTouchDS would be a good purchase. With taxes and transportation, it's only €29. I thoght I've heard that it can run both M3 Real's and Sakura's firmware, is this true? Is there any advantage in these over the native iTouchDS firmware?
    There's also a CycloDS for €40 total. Should I pay the extra €11 for it? Is it really worth it? Take into consideration that this just an "upgrade purchase". I already have a flashcart that does exactly what I want, but I'd like to get something better with better support. If you say that the iTouch should be enough for me, I'll get it. If not, you can recommend other flashcarts if you want. Like the EZ Flash V Plus... which is only €30 total, but dunno...

Thanks in advance.

2. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
  3. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    If it indeed does the Sakura firmware, then go for it. THe Sakura looks fantastic, etc.

But if it doesn't, then an Itouch isn't very good, compared to the Acekard 2, or the DSTT.

4. jos7960

Member jos7960 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    If you are going for the sakura, get an M3 real.

5. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I would suggest that you get M3 Real too....There's always a possibility that M3 Team decides to put some protection on, or change something into Sakura, and then, you'll be stuck with un-updated firmware, and depend on someone to hack it.....(Rudolph probably won't because he even put down the post about it on his blog)..
    Getting M3 Real is a little more money, but it's worth it..

6. Goloki
    OP

Member Goloki GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I finally got a CycloDS. I fear what Toni says may come true, and the Sakura's firmware becomes unusable in the iTouchDS, so I rather invest some more euros in a flashcart I know won't fail me ^^

PS: krazykirk, thanks for the links.

7. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, that's exactly what I would do!
    M3 Real is an excellent flashcart, so pay few more extra euros, and you'll be sure to get Sakura full working and every update they release..

8. Raikiri

Member Raikiri GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    hmmm this is the topic i was looking for [​IMG] i need a new card as well since my R4 is kinda broken-ish (it doesnt get past the 'loading' screen anymore) and it seems M3 is a nice choice indeed

9. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, I could say it's my favorite, although I'm using CycloDS too....Some people will disagree with me, but I'm not using RTS, and I like the interface very much (I even liked the old one, but Sakura blow my mind)..
    So, if you'll have any questions, just post them..
    If you want some opinion on carts, this is the perfect topic for that:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=70252

10. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Actually I can help you with that, HAving the same problem made me desperate, so copy EVERYTHING to your PC, then reformat the card to FAT32/FAT and copy back.