Hardware Think this scratched up 3DS is worth it?

VLinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm just a normal guy looking for good deals on craigslist and such and I keep seeing that people try to sell their stuff for prices that are ridiculous.

So I stumbled across a Nintendo 3DS and the guy said in the description that there are a bunch of scratches on the console that are barely seen when playing and he wants to sell it for $100. Now to me, its not worth it for that price, since the overall look of the console may be crucial to some people, such as myself and no one wants a 3DS that has scratches all over it and I don't know if you can feel the scratches while playing it lol.

I offered the guy $60 for it since it's reasonable since brand new ones go for $170 new, then accounting for it being used and its condition $60 sounds right.

Think its worth it or should I continue my search?

Thanks for reading

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For $60 it's well-worth it and if you you're willing to give the screens a little bit of loving with a buffering compound, you might end up having a spiffy console on the cheap. If not, you can always sell it for more on E-Bay.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMO the only scratches that should matter are scratches on the screens. But if he actually takes your offer, its definitely worth it, seeing as used DSLites still go for ~60.
To put it in perspective, used 3DSes go for anywhere from 90-130$ on eBay. with the higher end ones being the ones with no to very little cosmetic defects.
Nintendo themselves sell refurbished 3DSes for 130$.
60$ is pretty low, so you're pretty lucky if he takes your offer.

VLinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the feedback guys

He sent me some pictures of the condition so if you would provide further feedback, that be awesome

The scratches seem pretty bad when not using a case so you'd probably be able to feel them when playing lol.

Attachments

• IMG224.jpg
    IMG224.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG222.jpg
    IMG222.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG225.jpg
    IMG225.jpg
    651.6 KB · Views: 359

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Battery cover - easily replaceable, you just won't have your same serial number.

Top - doesn't look all that bad.

Inside - Without inspecting every pixel, I see nothing wrong with that picture.

If he bites for $60, go for it.

Edit - if having it pristine is important to you, this or this would fix it right up, provide you're willing to spend the money on them and don't mind taking the console apart. Unfortunately, replacement circle pads are very, very elusive at this point. Pretty much the only way to replace those right now is to tear apart a Circle Pad Pro. I didn't see a red replacement shell. I know I have before though, maybe not from these guys though.

LegendAssassinF

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That is pretty badly beat up if anything I would flip it for more money buy cheap sell on Amazon or Ebay for more. I did that with a Vita the other week brought fro 125$ + 2 games (sold these for 25$) and brought a memory card for 10$ and then sold it for 170$

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
It looks pretty beat up on the outside. The inside looks okay. If I was in your shoes, I'd buy it if he says yes to $60 and then try to sell it for a bit more. Condition is really important to me. If it isn't important to you and you just want to be able to play, the inside looks good enough to play without any problems.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hate lowballers like you

I'm sure op is going to lose a few hours of sleep over that.

If you don't like lowballers don't sell to them. Simple as that. It's called bartering, and if the seller isn't okay with letting it go for cheaper than he wanted, then he won't.

ShineStar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If the guy agrees to $60 then he is really dumb in my opinion because he can get much more for it.
If he goes for it, buy it and get a $5 case on ebay.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the feedback guys

He sent me some pictures of the condition so if you would provide further feedback, that be awesome

The scratches seem pretty bad when not using a case so you'd probably be able to feel them when playing lol.
For 60 bucks and only these minor stratches you're pratically stealing from this guy. Just take the opportunity and buy it before someone else does... in my country people sell non-working 3DSes for way more than he is charging you for this one.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For 60 bucks and only these minor stratches you're pratically stealing from this guy. Just take the opportunity and buy it before someone else does... in my country people sell non-working 3DSes for way more than he is charging you for this one.

Hell, even here in the us, ones with broken screens go for like $120 on ebay, where a new one is $170

Reactions: RodrigoDavy

VLinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i hate lowballers like you

It may look like lowballing to you; the reason why I offered that much is because of what I see people selling them for. On a used(city name here) site, I saw a couple that was selling Nintendo items selling a Nintendo 3DS Flame Red color that was in good condition for only $60, so using that information, that's why I offered what I offered. Now that may not be the case if the condition was like mint or so but when he said there was a bunch of scratches on the console itself, then you can't really expect to sell it for a high price, since the buyer would have to buy accessories and or repair it him/herself to get it to their satisfaction.

Thanks again for the feedback guys, appreciate it! :lol:

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, what would you do if you were in my position:

Someone's selling a broken disassembled 3ds on CL for parts for $40 (30 of bought today). Im very tempted but then again, CL isnt always what it seems:unsure:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/vgm/3915810164.html

I could reassemble it and sell it on ebay and sell it as a broken unit but i dont have the proper tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.