Hacking Think the gateway will be compatible with US N3ds? (New 3ds)

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so im very interested in picking up a gateway cart once the 9.2.0 versions start shipping...
i know that its currently compatible with the jap ver of the N3ds aka (New 3ds)
i want to trade in my 3ds XL and get the n3ds as soon as it launches in us but i wonder what os version will ship with it?
because the jap n3ds launched before the updates it is safe but because the us ver of the is not out yet im worried that they will put the most recent os at the time on it when it launches (which is a possibility)
my 3ds XL is in support range of the gateway once the update goes public (9.2.0-20) but i wanted to trade in my 3ds XL to get the N3ds but not if i cant use the gateway.

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Seeing as they haven't even announced a release date it's so far away that it's likely to come with the latest firmware. So no I wouldn't count on it.

PhoenixWrightX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Threads like this shouldn't exist because no one knows and no one really cares since it's not out yet.

Am i being too hard on you?

post-19410-Daenerys-Targaryen-deal-with-i-OCNo.gif

Reactions: tony_2018

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who's dad works for NoA that the N3DS-U will ship with 10.0.0-23

giphy.gif

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yea dis iz mai dad woo werks att NoA eeven if hee livez in France and I can confirmm dat ze N3DS-U wheel sheep wiz 10.0.0-23, butt I canott tale if dey wheel add geitwei suport.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well besides the mass amount or trolls who wont take there accounts seriously

im also leaning towards it might launch with a higher ver.

soooo now im in a dilemma, maybe i should just buy the jap N3ds now and be done with it..
the gateway makes 3ds games region free anyway so maybe thats a course of action...

but then all my physical carts wont work in this model.... :(

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I would just wait and see what happens. It't not like there won't still be jap/aus models on the old FW out there, the way 4.5 systems were, you just might have to pay a little more. Which isn't ideal, but unless you have a crystal ball, there's just no way to make an informed decision right this instant.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've been a member almost 4 years. So, you're more than likely a lurker. Have you really not read any of the threads related to this? At all?

also made this account years ago back in my DS light flashcart days lol
and long story short really not going into details but Forums search function do not work for me. (JS related issue) so i often apologize ahead of time for any Dupe threads

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I would just wait and see what happens. It't not like there won't still be jap/aus models on the old FW out there, the way 4.5 systems were, you just might have to pay a little more. Which isn't ideal, but unless you have a crystal ball, there's just no way to make an informed decision right this instant.

well maybe if nintendo would give us a damn straight answer on when the n3ds is coming out that would be great lol. but seriously is despite japan being the maker of these game devices its not fair for to hold out on s a console that long. i could understand a game, they always do that but a console? thats like sony saying US dont get the ps4! only japan. but anyway depending on how long it takes i may wait for someone when that day comes to US for someone to buy it and give us a clear answer on what ver it ships with.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
We can't say anythign for sure now. We know Gateway said their exploit won't work on fw 9.3 and higher.

But that could be an elaborate ruse. What if Nintendo releases the New 3DS and *BAM*, Gateway releases an update?

planetarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well maybe if nintendo would give us a damn straight answer on when the n3ds is coming out that would be great lol. but seriously is despite japan being the maker of these game devices its not fair for to hold out on s a console that long. i could understand a game, they always do that but a console? thats like sony saying US dont get the ps4! only japan. but anyway depending on how long it takes i may wait for someone when that day comes to US for someone to buy it and give us a clear answer on what ver it ships with.
Nintendo won't give a clear answer because they don't have one yet. The current 3DS models have not yet reached peak market saturation (meaning there's more money to be made on them) and the new 3DS isn't a critical hardware upgrade (rather it is an 'enhanced' current-gen model similar to the DSi) so they're not in any rush.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: