Think the gateway will be compatible with US N3ds? (New 3ds)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by xdarkmario, Dec 15, 2014.

1. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    ok so im very interested in picking up a gateway cart once the 9.2.0 versions start shipping...
    i know that its currently compatible with the jap ver of the N3ds aka (New 3ds)
    i want to trade in my 3ds XL and get the n3ds as soon as it launches in us but i wonder what os version will ship with it?
    because the jap n3ds launched before the updates it is safe but because the us ver of the is not out yet im worried that they will put the most recent os at the time on it when it launches (which is a possibility)
    my 3ds XL is in support range of the gateway once the update goes public (9.2.0-20) but i wanted to trade in my 3ds XL to get the N3ds but not if i cant use the gateway.

2. planetarian

planetarian GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2014
    United States
    You can basically guarantee that it'll have 9.4 or higher, sooo... unlikely.

Zeffy, Friendsxix and ChrisRX like this.
  3. ChrisRX

ChrisRX GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2006
    Seeing as they haven't even announced a release date it's so far away that it's likely to come with the latest firmware. So no I wouldn't count on it.

4. PhoenixWrightX

PhoenixWrightX GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2014
    United States
    Threads like this shouldn't exist because no one knows and no one really cares since it's not out yet.

Am i being too hard on you?

[​IMG]

tony_2018 likes this.
  5. DSlite2

DSlite2 VR Supporter

Jul 11, 2012
    United States
    I heard from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who's dad works for NoA that the N3DS-U will ship with 10.0.0-23

[​IMG]

6. bobtheglob101

bobtheglob101 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    I highly doubt it will come with anything under 9.4 by the time it arrives in the US.

7. superspence

superspence Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 29, 2014
    Canada
    Vancouver

I have the same friend of a friend of a friend who's dad works at NoA, can confirm

bobtheglob101 and DSlite2 like this.
  8. UraKn0x

UraKn0x Official senpai

Mar 20, 2014
    France
    Yea dis iz mai dad woo werks att NoA eeven if hee livez in France and I can confirmm dat ze N3DS-U wheel sheep wiz 10.0.0-23, butt I canott tale if dey wheel add geitwei suport.

9. bartekowca666

bartekowca666 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2014
    Poland
    BiaƂogard
    Mods pls

10. Aman27deep

Aman27deep GBAtemp Fan

May 3, 2007
    India
    Calcutta.
    It won't. Buy the Australian one till stocks last or use a Sky3DS if it can't be blocked by the Big N.

11. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    You've been a member almost 4 years. So, you're more than likely a lurker. Have you really not read any of the threads related to this? At all?

bartekowca666 likes this.
  12. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    well besides the mass amount or trolls who wont take there accounts seriously

im also leaning towards it might launch with a higher ver.

soooo now im in a dilemma, maybe i should just buy the jap N3ds now and be done with it..
    the gateway makes 3ds games region free anyway so maybe thats a course of action...

but then all my physical carts wont work in this model.... :(

13. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    Honestly, I would just wait and see what happens. It't not like there won't still be jap/aus models on the old FW out there, the way 4.5 systems were, you just might have to pay a little more. Which isn't ideal, but unless you have a crystal ball, there's just no way to make an informed decision right this instant.

14. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    also made this account years ago back in my DS light flashcart days lol
    and long story short really not going into details but Forums search function do not work for me. (JS related issue) so i often apologize ahead of time for any Dupe threads

15. xdarkmario
    OP

xdarkmario Philosopher

Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Mushroom Kingdom
    well maybe if nintendo would give us a damn straight answer on when the n3ds is coming out that would be great lol. but seriously is despite japan being the maker of these game devices its not fair for to hold out on s a console that long. i could understand a game, they always do that but a console? thats like sony saying US dont get the ps4! only japan. but anyway depending on how long it takes i may wait for someone when that day comes to US for someone to buy it and give us a clear answer on what ver it ships with.

16. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    We can't say anythign for sure now. We know Gateway said their exploit won't work on fw 9.3 and higher.

But that could be an elaborate ruse. What if Nintendo releases the New 3DS and *BAM*, Gateway releases an update?

17. planetarian

planetarian GBAtemp Regular

Aug 5, 2014
    United States
    Nintendo won't give a clear answer because they don't have one yet. The current 3DS models have not yet reached peak market saturation (meaning there's more money to be made on them) and the new 3DS isn't a critical hardware upgrade (rather it is an 'enhanced' current-gen model similar to the DSi) so they're not in any rush.