Hacking Think i f**** up in DSiware downgrade, question...

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys...
I have a a9lhaxed Old 3ds XL, and bought a New 3ds XL, and was attempting the dsiware downgrade
so i could do the a9lh on the N3ds, which was on the 11.x fw.

BUT, i maybe understood something not quite right on the system transfer...
At the end of the system transfer from my O3dsXL to the N3dsXL, when it was finishing the process, it tried to recover dsiware from the sd, but didn't found anything, but then asked to delete something, and bam....

Which options do i have now, to preserve my things, saves etc ?
I can do only the hardmod now ?

I have the nand backup from the O3dsXL a9lh and the sd card content.... I thought that i could do a system transfer from another haxed 3ds, buying Fieldrunners again, hax the N3dsXL, log into my nnid, and then restore the nand backup from the O3dsXL and copy the sd card contents.
Would this be possible so i don't lose data ?

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys...
I have a a9lhaxed Old 3ds XL, and bought a New 3ds XL, and was attempting the dsiware downgrade
so i could do the a9lh on the N3ds, which was on the 11.x fw.

BUT, i maybe understood something not quite right on the system transfer...
At the end of the system transfer from my O3dsXL to the N3dsXL, when it was finishing the process, it tried to recover dsiware from the sd, but didn't found anything, but then asked to delete something, and bam....

Which options do i have now, to preserve my things, saves etc ?
I can do only the hardmod now ?

I have the nand backup from the O3dsXL a9lh and the sd card content.... I thought that i could do a system transfer from another haxed 3ds, buying Fieldrunners again, hax the N3dsXL, log into my nnid, and then restore the nand backup from the O3dsXL and copy the sd card contents.
Would this be possible so i don't lose data ?
Restore the o3ds XL nand backup and delete the nnid from the n3ds xl. Then do it again.

iAqua

Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, that would be great!
Still have to wait the one week period, right?
And in regard of the nnid and etc, there would be no problem?
You should just have to system format the n3ds and then try transferring from that? Maybe it'll bypass the thingy? If not just wait a week and follow my steps. No problem, oh and once the nnid is formatted off of the n3ds restoring the nand backup with it on it will work just fine :).

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'll try tonight formatting the n3ds and restoring the o3ds after, so i could use the o3ds a little before doing the process again.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you not put the source SD card into the target DS during the transfer, because that's what you're supposed to do. Then when you insert the new card from the source it prompts you to carry the DSiWare over. Pretty sure you could copy the contents of your source SD card to the target after installing the hax if your O3DS is using a standard SD card without an adapter.

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what i will do is put the data in a 32gb microsd with an adapter, so i just make a backup before putting it onto the n3ds.
it was previously in a normal 32gb card...

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
You can use the source 3DS SD content in the target system?
If yes you don"t need to format if you have a backup for the source 3DS that can use that contet.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you preform a system transfer you HAVE to use the files from the source SD card in the target SD (or the actual SD card) if you want your legit system titles to transfer, including DSiWare.

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah, i copied it from the normal 32gb sd of the o3ds to the microsd of the n3ds...
but, somehow i made a mistake...

well, i tried here to format the n3ds, but it didn't quite unlinked my account from the n3ds, i think it said was impossible or some kind of message alike.
so, i restored the nand backup of the o3ds, it's functioning, but i can't access eshop and miiverse.
says error 022-2501 when i try to enter the eshop, "you cannot use this nintendo network id on this system".
and i still have to wait 5 more days to do the system transfer, "this system cannot participate in a transfer for another 5 days"...

xBrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made the same exact mistake as you when I was doing the DSiWare downgrade. I was able to fix it by installing a Fieldrunners .cia on the o3ds (mine has menuhax+rxtools but it should work with al9h) and having the two 3ds's use the same NNID. After that, I switched to my n3ds and copied the Fieldrunners DSiWare (data management!) to the sd card, then went to my o3ds and transfered that to the system. Now that they have the same encryption or whatever, I copied the hacked public.sav to where it's supposed to be. Then you'll want to transfer that to your sd card and copy it to the n3ds using the data management in system settings. If all goes well, you should have the hacked save data on your target 3ds. Sorry if I was unclear, I was typing this in a rush on my tablet lol.

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
IF i haven't formatted the N3ds to try to unlink my nnid, i could have tried this way yesterday...
But i'll wait until the weekend...
Any other valid tips would be lovely :D

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I made the same exact mistake as you when I was doing the DSiWare downgrade. I was able to fix it by installing a Fieldrunners .cia on the o3ds (mine has menuhax+rxtools but it should work with al9h) and having the two 3ds's use the same NNID. After that, I switched to my n3ds and copied the Fieldrunners DSiWare (data management!) to the sd card, then went to my o3ds and transfered that to the system. Now that they have the same encryption or whatever, I copied the hacked public.sav to where it's supposed to be. Then you'll want to transfer that to your sd card and copy it to the n3ds using the data management in system settings. If all goes well, you should have the hacked save data on your target 3ds. Sorry if I was unclear, I was typing this in a rush on my tablet lol.

Hey. Tried that.
But, it don't recognize the sd card, because directories are different for each system.
I tried to copy the fieldrunners backup from the o3ds, even it having signed to the same nnid, the target n3ds didn't recognized the fieldrunners
backup, maybe because it's encripted/tied to the system..... And not the same nnid.

Another thing... I'm in the "format system memory" in the options.
It says that will remove the link to this network id, and the id itself will not be deleted.
But, on the next screen, says "The Nintendo Network ID linked to this system can't be linked to other systems in the Nintendo 3DS family."
"If you want to link the id to another system, you must perform a system transfer".

So, what are the options that i have now ?
Could i wait until the weekend, and try to do a system transfer from the o3ds (nand-restored) to the n3ds, would it work ?
Or, wait until the 7 day period is over, try logging with the nnid, and then do a system transfer, so i don't lose the content ?
Or, wait until the 7 day period is over, format the o3ds, log with my nnid, redownload Fieldrunners, inject the save and system transfer doing the downgrade process again ?

Skyshadow101

The Sky Is The Limit!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey. Tried that.
But, it don't recognize the sd card, because directories are different for each system.
I tried to copy the fieldrunners backup from the o3ds, even it having signed to the same nnid, the target n3ds didn't recognized the fieldrunners
backup, maybe because it's encripted/tied to the system..... And not the same nnid.

Another thing... I'm in the "format system memory" in the options.
It says that will remove the link to this network id, and the id itself will not be deleted.
But, on the next screen, says "The Nintendo Network ID linked to this system can't be linked to other systems in the Nintendo 3DS family."
"If you want to link the id to another system, you must perform a system transfer".

So, what are the options that i have now ?
Could i wait until the weekend, and try to do a system transfer from the o3ds (nand-restored) to the n3ds, would it work ?
Or, wait until the 7 day period is over, try logging with the nnid, and then do a system transfer, so i don't lose the content ?
Or, wait until the 7 day period is over, format the o3ds, log with my nnid, redownload Fieldrunners, inject the save and system transfer doing the downgrade process again ?
Get homebrew access and format with tinyformat. I think that might work. Just try.

Sent from my Browser on a New 3DS XL with A9LH

xBrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't want to unlink your NNID from your n3ds. If you don't have a backup of your hacked 3ds before system transfer, then I believe there isn't much you can do. I was able to do it because I had a backup of the EmuNAND partition for mine, and since there was a system transfer, they used the same NNID and encryption.

Last edited by xBrandon,

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, @xBrandon , i had a nand backup of my a9lh hacked o3ds.
Which i did before the system transfer, of course.
Even with the NNID linked to the n3ds, and the haxed o3ds being signed to the same nnid (but, offline),
copying Fieldrunners to the o3ds microsd, simply putting it into the virgin n3ds linked to my nnid don't work,
and copying the backup to the right directory also don't work.

My best chances, i think, are waiting the period to be over, and see if i can really unlink the nnid and log onto my haxed o3ds.
And then try to do the system transfer, so i don't have to call Nintendo Support.
Or i wait the time, call Nintendo, unlink my nnid from the n3ds, log onto the haxed o3ds, and do the system transfer with the injected save.
Because, i don't know if i will be able to do the system transfer, because when the haxed o3ds is connected to the internet,
and do any kind of nnid checking, it revokes the licenses of my official content.

One of the last non-hardmod options, i think, is to format the o3ds, buy fieldrunners again without a nnid linked, system transfer to the n3ds, downgrade, a9lhax it, and then log into my nnid, as it's already tied to the n3ds,....

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Called Nintendo this morning. Well, i entered the chat, preferred that way, could've used Google Hangouts to do the call.
Said that the new was broken by my daughter and told that i wanted to use the nnid on the old again.
At the end... :
" Thank you for waiting on me here, I just finished documenting your details and I sent them over to our back office.
They'll look it over and should be able to manually transfer your account to the new system.
This process can take 1-2 business days and we'll be contacting you back via email when it's complete."

Frak... Do it really take that much time ?

Filipe Lana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo replied (thanks it was fast), but i had to format the o3ds. After nand restoring, wasn't possible to just log-in...

Did the downgrade and everything went ok, thank you guys !

Now... How can i transfer mii plaza, gba and other saves ?
I still can access o3ds data...

Last edited by Filipe Lana,

xBrandon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. If your o3ds (and still has the old save data...) and n3ds are both hacked, you can transfer your saves using JK's Save Manager.

KINGMANI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well

Seems like the right section for this question :D
And didn't want to reopen a thread becasue this one seems fitting.

I did a system transfer from my A9HL 2DS to a OLD3DSXL.
Seems it went good through the NNID is linked i also have Fieldrunners on the system
But the hacked save for the exploit isn't

Useing the SD from the 2DS or copying the Folder to the XLs SD Card does also nothing
Cause the XL can't seem to finde the Game in DSiWare Data Management

I guess my only hope is to wait 7 days and retry the data trasnfer from the 2DS to the XL again or?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.