Hacking Think i bricked .. what a idiot

thecrofty0187

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there. So decided to sell the Wii u. I think i bricked because i formatted the data . I also forgot it was modded. I remember i backed up the nand tho
Probably can't do anything with it like. Error 160 0101
A nice shiny new brick?

Reactions: Shadow#1

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by Flame,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How can you forget that your console is modded? There is a screen which shows you "Autobooting..."

I don't get it...RIP.
That is the problem with the "CBHC is 200% safe – all bricks are user error!!11!"-attitude that pops up uncalled whenever another Wii U bites the dust.

Humans make mistakes. Humans forget things.

If you're familiar with CBHC it is completely clear: Autobooting means the cold boot thing is active and the rules for prevent bricking apply. If not (bought used console, modded a few years ago following some guide and never really cared for afterwards, friend did the modding…) a splash saying "Autobooting…" is just a splash saying "Autobooting…". Not everybody is completely keen on things like that. Some people try things out without reading the manual (big mistake of course). Half-hearted activity – maybe with the only (and bad) goal of playing illegal copies on a console – followed by losing interest

Knowing my own limitations and shortcomings and blunders I can understand how things like that happen. Having played around with Android phones lately while being overwhelmed by the never ending mass of information I can really understand that people forget about important facts like the CBHC rules.

This is why software should be as fool-proof as possible… and CBHC is not fool-proof. I know people who I would not dare to give a modded 3DS. They would surely use the GodMode9 hex-editor on nand.bin. Not even remotely thinking about giving them a Wii U with CBHC (or a phone with TWRP)

And yes, I'm using regular, non-cold boot Haxchi although I know the rules.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That is the problem with the "CBHC is 200% safe – all bricks are user error!!11!"-attitude that pops up uncalled whenever another Wii U bites the dust.

Humans make mistakes. Humans forget things.

If you're familiar with CBHC it is completely clear: Autobooting means the cold boot thing is active and the rules for prevent bricking apply. If not (bought used console, modded a few years ago following some guide and never really cared for afterwards, friend did the modding…) a splash saying "Autobooting…" is just a splash saying "Autobooting…". Not everybody is completely keen on things like that. Some people try things out without reading the manual (big mistake of course). Half-hearted activity – maybe with the only (and bad) goal of playing illegal copies on a console – followed by losing interest

Knowing my own limitations and shortcomings and blunders I can understand how things like that happen. Having played around with Android phones lately while being overwhelmed by the never ending mass of information I can really understand that people forget about important facts like the CBHC rules.

This is why software should be as fool-proof as possible… and CBHC is not fool-proof. I know people who I would not dare to give a modded 3DS. They would surely use the GodMode9 hex-editor on nand.bin. Not even remotely thinking about giving them a Wii U with CBHC (or a phone with TWRP)

And yes, I'm using regular, non-cold boot Haxchi although I know the rules.
Same, I just keep the modded DS game in my quick start menu on the gamepad since I don't even use my Wii U that much; I hope someone finally understands how SD boot works so we can finally get a decent recovery method...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-components/cpus/intel-cpu-dispensing-vending-machine-game-spotted...