Things you recently tried to fix but broke them even more.

bandithedoge

OP
Trophies
Website
bandithedoge.com
XP
Country
Poland
I'll start. I was trying to clean my fat PS2 from the inside. I accidentally broke the ribbon cable that connects the power/eject buttons to the motherboard (the cable is very long and super annoying, it's one of the biggest design flaws of the fat PS2). When I assembled it, the power LED didn't light up and the eject button didn't work. The console was powering on and it worked fine, though. A few months later I painted the case, so I obviously took it apart. After putting it back together in the newly painted case, it didn't power on. Turns out it was the long ribbon cable. It was broken completely. I fixed it by just buying a new ribbon cable and all issues are fixed now.

ry755

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Years ago a fuse fell out of place in an NDS. My young idiot self decided it would be a good idea to glue it back in place, rather than having my dad solder it back on.
facepalm.gif

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My external hard drive for PS2 Open Loader. I ripped a game to it and it fragmented. Tried to defrag it and it fragmented even more. Then it became fragmented to all hell and unreadable in 3 different PCs I tried. I still could load it on PS2 but very few games worked. I ended up having to redownload almost 200 PS2 games.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tryed to fix my relationship with dio, but he broke it over and over again...
Ended up by ignoring him...
And hell, I feel much better :)
You know dio is just gonna reply with his standard reply of

Nobody cares

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this was not recent but was last year.

Ps2 slim had a messed up laser like all Slims after awhile. Ordered a new one.
Installed it.

Turned on the system and somehow now magically the motor is broke from I guess something I did? ????
I am experienced in this field and even I am stumped since I carefully didn't do anything else to it. ._.

Not sure if this counts because I did indeed fix the laser... But now, unlike before, the entire system is completely unusable now. :/ (While originally it skipped on cut scenes, some games didn't play that were laser processing-heavy, no PS1 games, etc.)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broke the clip off the DS lite touch screen connecter while replacing the screen after my kid used window cleaner on it and killed the touch layer.

Made a PS One motor spin backwards after a failed modchip install.

Bricked a PS3 that I was trying to downgrade (that my ex upgraded to OFW from CFW) only to find I had a bad backup afterward.

Fried something in a 360E while attempting an ixtreme install and then ripped some NAND pads off the board when the drive fell against the wiring.

Reactions: Deleted User

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Broke the clip off the DS lite touch screen connecter while replacing the screen after my kid used window cleaner on it and killed the touch layer.

Made a PS One motor spin backwards after a failed modchip install.

Bricked a PS3 that I was trying to downgrade (that my ex upgraded to OFW from CFW) only to find I had a bad backup afterward.

Fried something in a 360E while attempting an ixtreme install and then ripped some NAND pads off the board when the drive fell against the wiring.

No wonder he's/she's your ex.... XD

Reactions: Subtle Demise

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nods. The reason given was she didn't want to bother booting XBMC so instead set up the PS3 to go online to install a media player. Was very pissed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455