Things you recently tried to fix but broke them even more.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nods. The reason given was she didn't want to bother booting XBMC so instead set up the PS3 to go online to install a media player. Was very pissed!

Careless oblivion is so intolerable.... At this point just throw the whole person in the trash. XD

Then it caused you to brick it. -_-
Gosh, I bet she was just like "LOL oh. Sorry IDK."

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Tried to fix the NES blinking power problem by removing a certain pin on the anti piracy chip and ended up bending a pin on a different chip

Grey screen

But it stopped blinking when I did the right pin

D

Deleted User

Not exactly recent but my health. Going on the GAPS diet because the natural health sites I used to read called it a cure for all diseases under the sun was a fucking terrible mistake.

Reactions: Deleted User

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careless oblivion is so intolerable.... At this point just throw the whole person in the trash. XD

Then it caused you to brick it. -_-
Gosh, I bet she was just like "LOL oh. Sorry IDK."

Yeah that was pretty much the response. I wasted many hours trying to revive it and it still sits in my computer hardware box as a donor when/if I need something from it for my 2 working PS3s.

An old saloon style hairdryer. I was 8 and it was my moms. I couldn’t put it back together and turns out, my mom was borrowing it from my aunt.

Bwahaha! What compelled you to disassemble a hair dryer?

My nephew picked up on my disassembly to harvest components from electronics I was tossing and he started opening things to look at the circuitry. Now he is a total PC freak that knows more about GPUs and CPUs than I do.

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to fix the cracking hinge in my 3ds xl and I wasnt able to get that far since I stripped the screws.

I ended up killing a laptop when I opened it.

I tried to open up my gbasp and stripped the screws so I cant open it now.

I tried using a weed wacker one time and it wouldnt turn on and I realised it didnt have any oil in it so I found a bottle of oil and poured the whole thing into it. I tried using it again and it didnt turn on and showed a neighbour and he asked me how much oil did put in it. I told him all of it. I learn’t that day you not supposed use that much. I broke it. lol

I also tried opening up a different laptop and stripped its screws as well so it cant be opened.

I also tried opening up a portable dvd player battery and luckily a neighbour stopped me. I could of electrocuted myself they told me.

In high school I turned on a soldiering iron and it broke instantly. It made this popping noise and it had this awful smell. It freaked me out so bad that Im now too terrified to ever use another soldiering iron ever again. I tried again in college and it ended up freaking me out too much and I got laughed at. :(

I also stripped many screws on game carts before I got the correct tool to open them. I used a knife and cut myself the first time. I also tried using two knifes one time(Im clearly an idiot and should stick to just using stuff and not opening things). I dont recommend using a knife ever for that purpose.

I also destoyed a tamagotchi by opening it up. I never got it back together sadly.

I dont open or repair things anymore.

Skittyusedcovet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The amount of screws I stripped is probably around the same. We'd make a perfect team.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and I also stripped way more screwdrivers.

We would be the perfect team to wreak things. We would cause chaos wherever we went. lol

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything that was said.

My god... At first I was like "Damn... You strip screws a lot. That really sucks. IT's like, before we can even see how well it is you can repair the object, you strip it and cannot even get in. That's unfortunate.." but then you said you tried using a KNIFE!? MY GOD. NO WONDER YOU ARE STRIPPING SCREWS! XDDDD

Are you talking about me? Im a girl, but yes I agree I need to invest in some good screwdrivers.

When someone says "Man" WITHOUT knowing your real gender, look at it as " 'man" as in short for human.
And when someone says "Dude" or "Guy" or whatever without knowing your gender, it does not mean you are a man with male genitalia. Look at it as "You are a person and you fit in the same category as "Dude" and "Guy."". So when someone calls you man and your gender isn't really relevant to what they are saying, then just brush it off and look at it as just "Dude". As in "Person I'm talking to." With this thought you don't need to go correct everyone who gets your gender incorrect because they KNOW they don't know your gender.

The amount of screws I stripped is probably around the same. We'd make a perfect team.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and I also stripped way more screwdrivers.

HOW THE HELL DO YOU STRIP A SCREWDRIVER!?!? Oh my god..... XDDD Stripping a thin little screw is one thing for using the incorrect tool.
BUT A SCREWDRIVER!? THAT MUST MEAN YOUR SCREW Is THICKER THAN YOUR SCREWDRIVER! XDDD MEANING NOT ONLY DOES IT NOT FIT, YOU CAN VISIBLY SEE IT DOESN'T FIT!!! XDDDDD OH MY GOOOD!

Advice, if it doesn't work, don't keep trying. XD

Skittyusedcovet

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When someone says "Man" WITHOUT knowing your real gender, look at it as " 'man" as in short for human.
And when someone says "Dude" or "Guy" or whatever without knowing your gender, it does not mean you are a man with male genitalia. Look at it as "You are a person and you fit in the same category as "Dude" and "Guy."". So when someone calls you man and your gender isn't really relevant to what they are saying, then just brush it off and look at it as just "Dude". As in "Person I'm talking to." With this thought you don't need to go correct everyone who gets your gender incorrect because they KNOW they don't know your gender.

Go back at look at what I quoted. He put man + ? so I corrected him. Under most cases I dont like to project that I am female. Im perfectly fine with the usage of “Dude” and “Guy” and I understand everything you said fine. You really dont need to tell me. lol If you click once on someones profile it can tell you what gender they are and sometimes age. Well that is if they dont hide it. Also don't get your panties in a knot over this. Im guessing something similar must of happened to you in the past. I profusely apologize as it was never my intention to upset anyone.

Back on topic. Im very stubborn so I keep trying to fix things and then I fail. I was very dumb and young when a lot of these things happened.

Grmmish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. Was not meant to be on a negative note. Just all friendly. But you are right. It was typed "(?)" which is literally the person asking which one it is. Completely slipped my mind. Either way just on a friendly note.
OMG... "Young and Dumb". I know this was some saying and still is or whatever... But I first heard this in Metroid Other M... "Young and naive" XDDDD SAMUS. SAMUS SAYING "Young and naive" My god the things that game did to the series... xDD

I was trying to get Super smash Bros. Ultimate Mods to work.
I updated my game because I really wanted the Rex Mii Outfit. (XD) and at the time it only worked for 1.0 Super Smash Bros. Ultimate so I tried deleting it, etc. Deleted my Save Data then deleted the update so I can run the game on 1.0. etc. Anyways. It was N.O.T. working. So I was just sooo frustrated I concluded it was because I was on a lower firmware and the game itself didn't even come out yet when I got it so it wasn't an official build, etc. (Because as far as I know at the time the game wouldn't work without heavy modifications on the firmware I was on.) so I updated my Switch to 6.2 And blablabla.... So much time goes by. I lose my replays because of updating yet again, etc.... I even bought a REAL copy of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate because I was so impatient and frustrated after so long. After that it was the last straw. I culdn't take the game back even if I wanted to (Since I already owned it) because it was new from stupid Gamestop, etc... Turns out the problem was my CFW version not supporting mods in that way so all I had to do was update that... LOL

Trying to fix Super Smash Bros. Ultimate mods and permanently damaged both my Switch by updating, my save data for Ultimate (Replays) and even my wallet. XD

Yeah sure I got the mods to work in the end, bla bla bla. But it does not mean I am not stuck with a legitimate copy of the game I used my money that was meant to go to Resident Evil 2 Remake when it comes out. It certainly doesn't mean now I can't downgrade (Because I burned the fuse because I felt I would never need to go down anyway if ONLY the new firmware supports mods... Which is not correct and I found out AFTER I updated) and now I am stuck with this firmware forever, etc. And my precious Replays. ;-; LOL Yeah I could have backed up my save... But I felt if all I am losing is my replays then who cares... If I knew I would be messing up all of the other things (Just because I wasn't updated. -.-) it would have not justified anything and I could have just updated an dlost nothing. LOL

Very long story that has more details but that is the main thing. Very unfortunate. LOL. Broke many things in the process including my Switch. xD (Firmware)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!