Things that will/may ruin Acekard2i or MicroSDHC

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Derekku, Jan 27, 2010.

Jan 27, 2010
  1. Derekku
    OP

Newcomer Derekku Member

United States
    Hey I've read alot about people ruining,bricking,braking,getting issues, etc with Their AceKards.

Does anyone know what are or may be the causes for these problems/issues?

Please list

Problem/issue:
    Cause of Problem/issue:
    Ways to prevent it:
    Solution to Problem/issue: (if there is)

Please be detailed.

***If there is already a topic like this can someone please post the link to it****

2. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    What's the point?? If you have a problem/issue, then report it and someone kind soul will try to offer a solution. And don't throw back "I'm thinkin' 'bout gettin' one and I wanna be sure its the best" crap.
    Making this thread is akin to "what would happen if I fall overboard at sea?" Please list everything that could happen to me and how I can avoid this occurring [​IMG] Total waste of time!

Oh wait, that's not very helpful is it, so.....
    Problem: Snapped into pieces; Cause: stepped on it Prevention: don't put it on the floor
    Problem: Melted; Cause: accidentally put it into the microwave Prevention: keep away from heat sources
    Problem: Water damaged contacts; Cause: accidentally left in my pants and went through washing machine Prevention: don't wet it

This list is by no means exhaustive, as I'm certain there are many other problems experienced with the make of flashcart.

3. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    Problem: Not being detected by the DS
    Cause: Frequently being dropped
    Solution: Buy a new one as it might not see another light from the sun
    Note: Experienced with the DSTT and it's not working

4. Derekku
    OP

Newcomer Derekku Member

United States
    This topic is so people know what NOT to do, besides the obvious.
    Like Mabey (charging DSi while AcKard2i and microSDHC is in May cause AceKard2i not to work)
    That may not be true but its an example so people know not to do it.

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    For one, its not true, and two, if you have a problem thats not fixed by common sense, or by our god, Google (hallowed be thy name), then you can just create a thread to solve it. simple as.

this thread is useless.

6. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I didn't realise you created this thread to allegedly help the world. If that be the case, why didn't you bother to list what "things will/may ruin AK2i or msd? I know why, because this topic is freakin' st00pid [​IMG] But you gave it your best shot, congrats.
    BTW, I didn't know playing your AK2i (or any flashcart for that matter) in your console while charging maybe harmful to the flashcart. Didn't read that in the DS Manual, can you point me to the reference....oh, wait...you made that up! [​IMG]

7. Leonidas

Member Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

Slovenia
    In my experience, these devices work best, if used in the same manner as original carts. Enabling cheats, soft reset ,and things like that can mess up your micro SD or saved games.

Using untested skins can make it unable to load.

Homebrew applications can wipe out your micro SD as well (stupid snemulds.. groar).

Poor maintenance, dust, physical, water, electrical, cold, fire, magical (eh?)... damage can do damage as well.