Homebrew RELEASE Thinfoil - stripped down fork of Tinfoil

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i’m confused, you seem concerned about min-maxing speed by tuning the buffer sizes, but then you go and remove threading which cuts the install speed in half, and you call it a feature?

you took this from the fastest usb installer, and brought it down to goldleaf speeds.

Reactions: designgears

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, he succeeded in tanking the install speed, that's about all.
Try the 8mb buffer. Maybe your using the 1mb buffer. Besides other tinfoil build randomly crash. So far I have tested his release and I find it better than other installers.

Last edited by GnK23,

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try the 8mb buffer. Maybe your using the 1mb buffer. Besides other tinfoil build randomly crash. So far I have tested his release and I find it better than other installers.

No,the buffer size doesn’t matter here. he is killing the install speed by making it single threaded. literally cutting it in half pretty much. it’s prettty easy to understand: the original tinfoil could read and write at the same time. he removed that and made it so tinfoil can only read or write, but not both at the same time.

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No,the buffer size doesn’t matter here. he is killing the install speed by making it single threaded. literally cutting it in half pretty much. it’s prettty easy to understand: the original tinfoil could read and write at the same time. he removed that and made it so tinfoil can only read or write, but not both at the same time.
What do you suggest for the reason behind the random crashes of other builds? When I tested the 8mb buffer app install speed ranges from 20-30+mbps. The 1mb buffer only speed up until 12-16mbps.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you suggest for the reason behind the random crashes of other builds? When I tested the 8mb buffer app install speed ranges from 20-30+mbps. The 1mb buffer only speed up until 12-16mbps.

i get a solid 40 MB/sec from stock adubbz code. you just proved my point.

GnK23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i get a solid 40 MB/sec from stock adubbz code. you just proved my point.
The original adubbz code may have been faster but it crashes a lot especially when installing batch dlc and updates. So I guess the real question here is speed vs stability

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original adubbz code may have been faster but it crashes a lot especially when installing batch dlc and updates. So I guess the real question here is speed vs stability

I have not experienced any crashes, but even if that is the case, the solution is not to strip everything out, its to fix the bug that is making it crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1