These server timeouts are killing me guys...

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since the recent move to a new server, this whole board has been uber crap for me.

Slow loading times, server timeouts, pages cannot be displayed, gbatemp.net is taking way too long to respond...

It's getting to be like a virus on here. I've been dealing with it for quite some time now, and have been living with it, but lately it's getting worse and worse.

No thanks to the USB loader, let me add...Ugh.

But everyday there is a server timeout. I try to change my avatar, it takes about 3 minutes to even just load the, "My Controls". And in between the 3 minutes, I get server timeouts.

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining, but I just want this board to be like it used to with less than 2 seconds loading time. I heard about how they are removing old posts to clear up some dead waste, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

/rant

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I'd really like to know the reason behind the slowdowns. And I mean the real reason, like, is this site running out of money and having to resort to a crappy host or what?

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Um its much better then it was a month ago, I mean really really better. And why even start this thread? Its not like everyone isnt aware of the situation, the admins have said a lot of times they are working on a fix for this.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Meh, I'd really like to know the reason behind the slowdowns. And I mean the real reason, like, is this site running out of money and having to resort to a crappy host or what?
As far as I'm aware money isn't an issue at all, the issue is more about time.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
it gets unbearably slow from time to time
dry.gif

i don't get it

right now its ok, but for how long...

@Shiro786

if its working fast for you, you're a lucky bastard because its definitely a site problem

Brian117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shiro786 said:
Hadrian said:
DeMoN said:
As far as I'm aware money isn't an issue at all, the issue is more about time.

LOL irony.

At any case, Mr. Brian you should have patience. Also everythign is working perfectly fast for me, so it might be your (shitty) computer.

Don't call me Mr.Brian.

And my computer is not shitty. I can load other forums just fine. Who are you to judge computers anyways?

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
agreed. I'm getting more than a few slowdowns each day, and my posts are taking 30-45 seconds to post sometimes. And it's definitely not my computer. I was just about to make a thread about it too, when I saw yours
tongue.gif

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I lol'ed at Hadrian because I though that was NeSchn xDD.

For me, slowdowns are on and off. Sometimes they go fast, sometimes they go slow. I just do somethings to kill time. Such as drawing/sketching, or looking for something else to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: