These server timeouts are killing me guys...

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Brian117, May 1, 2009.

May 1, 2009
  1. Brian117
    OP

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Ever since the recent move to a new server, this whole board has been uber crap for me.

Slow loading times, server timeouts, pages cannot be displayed, gbatemp.net is taking way too long to respond...

It's getting to be like a virus on here. I've been dealing with it for quite some time now, and have been living with it, but lately it's getting worse and worse.

No thanks to the USB loader, let me add...Ugh.

But everyday there is a server timeout. I try to change my avatar, it takes about 3 minutes to even just load the, "My Controls". And in between the 3 minutes, I get server timeouts.

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining, but I just want this board to be like it used to with less than 2 seconds loading time. I heard about how they are removing old posts to clear up some dead waste, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

/rant

2. hacker07

Banned hacker07 Banned

Antarctica
    They should swith their server to the old one and run ubuntu server with ext4 on it.

3. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Meh, I'd really like to know the reason behind the slowdowns. And I mean the real reason, like, is this site running out of money and having to resort to a crappy host or what?

4. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    Um its much better then it was a month ago, I mean really really better. And why even start this thread? Its not like everyone isnt aware of the situation, the admins have said a lot of times they are working on a fix for this.

5. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    As far as I'm aware money isn't an issue at all, the issue is more about time.

6. dobz

Member dobz GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    it gets unbearably slow from time to time [​IMG]

i don't get it

right now its ok, but for how long...

@Shiro786

if its working fast for you, you're a lucky bastard because its definitely a site problem

7. Brian117
    OP

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Don't call me Mr.Brian.

And my computer is not shitty. I can load other forums just fine. Who are you to judge computers anyways?

8. iwakura

Member iwakura HHNNNNNNGGGG

United States
    agreed. I'm getting more than a few slowdowns each day, and my posts are taking 30-45 seconds to post sometimes. And it's definitely not my computer. I was just about to make a thread about it too, when I saw yours [​IMG]

9. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I lol'ed at Hadrian because I though that was NeSchn xDD.

For me, slowdowns are on and off. Sometimes they go fast, sometimes they go slow. I just do somethings to kill time. Such as drawing/sketching, or looking for something else to do.

10. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    Don't you understand?
    IT TAKES 10 YEARS TO CHANGE SERVERS

TEN
    YEARS

[​IMG]