• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

These are the top ten countries to live in. Do you.. agree?

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because they're the literal opposite of America
I can't say much about NZ but Australia's government is hard nanny state ethics. I would not want to be in a place like that. Also its the place where most of the country is barely livable and has some of the most pissed off, huge and deadly species roaming about there.

I can't find Australia a comfortable place to live in.

US is kind of a shithole, shocked it made it on the list
Money backed influence and the somehow still relevant illusion of "the American dream" to foreigners still makes it seemingly desirable.

Aside from these, I do not know why either.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
I can't say much about NZ but Australia's government is hard nanny state ethics. I would not want to be in a place like that. Also its the place where most of the country is barely livable and has some of the most pissed off, huge and deadly species roaming about there.

I can't find Australia a comfortable place to live in.
I'm guessing you only know Australia from the internet or TV, we kept covid at bay until the start of this year thanks to our approach and I've never been threatened by an animal or insect lmao it's a big troll on the gullible

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
US is kind of a shithole, shocked it made it on the list
Like a lot of countries, depends on the area. There are nice areas in the US, then there's shit holes like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Compton. Even my shit hole city has nice places in it, but it has lots of "no go zones".

Reactions: Marc_LFD

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Money backed influence and the somehow still relevant illusion of "the American dream" to foreigners still makes it seemingly desirable.

Aside from these, I do not know why either.
A lot of people don’t seem to realize that the US is often either the direct or indirect cause for most of their countries’ problems. A good chunk of the countries with issues are often linked to the US either overthrowing their government or attempting to overthrow their government. Or the US blocking trade and aid to their country. There also the US typically siding with literal war criminals, that always end up taking the country over. The Middle East and Central/South America are completely fucked almost entirely because of the US. That’s just the external issues and not even talking about how the US treats anyone who isn’t a Cishet White dude and even they seem to have a rough time if they aren’t upper middle class.

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@The Catboy I disagree, the US have an influence in many of those situations, but they're not the cause. The situation would possibly be equivalent or worse without american intervention. Like the invasion of Ukraine, who's being helped in resources, or occupation of territories in the Pacific by China, that are being protected through hard power diplomacy, and the defeat of Daesh that prevented them forming a state.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@The Catboy I disagree, the US have an influence in many of those situations, but they're not the cause. The situation would possibly be equivalent or worse without american intervention. Like the invasion of Ukraine, who's being helped in resources, or occupation of territories in the Pacific by China, that are being protected through hard power diplomacy, and the defeat of Daesh that prevented them forming a state.
Ukraine is complicated because of history involving NATO and other world powers that basically didn’t help the situation. The US was involved in many issues leading up to the war, so support kind of feels hollow. Areas like the Middle East and Central America were either caused or worsened by the US. Democratically elected governments being overthrown by CIA made issues worse. The CIA selling weapons, drugs, government secrets, and military training is a problem that made things worse. There also the issue with the US basically making any country with oil a far worse place.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@The Catboy NATO is a protective alliance created to unite the strength of the european states in their defense against invasion by Russia/Soviet Union.
I am aware but there’s issues that they either created or made worse. I am not holding the US accountable for all of their actions but I am saying the US didn’t help in the situation that lead up to all of this. But that’s more issues going outside of the point I was trying to make. The point more or less being that the US hasn’t been the best when it comes to many international relationships

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you only know Australia from the internet or TV, we kept covid at bay until the start of this year thanks to our approach and I've never been threatened by an animal or insect lmao it's a big troll on the gullible
I said nothing about covid, I said your country has a terrible Nanny state mentality

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_Australia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_in_Australia

My country may suck ass in a lot of ways, and I can proudly admit that it does suck in a lot of ways. But our government does not come down so hard on us that its internet censorship policies can be almost a comparison of China's "great firewall" in the making.

Also no, your ecosystem there is pretty wack yo, We do not have some of the deadliest spiders in the world over here nor koalas and shit like that. Your ecosystem is very much aggressive against its inhabitants.

A lot of people don’t seem to realize that the US is often either the direct or indirect cause for most of their countries’ problems. A good chunk of the countries with issues are often linked to the US either overthrowing their government or attempting to overthrow their government. Or the US blocking trade and aid to their country. There also the US typically siding with literal war criminals, that always end up taking the country over. The Middle East and Central/South America are completely fucked almost entirely because of the US. That’s just the external issues and not even talking about how the US treats anyone who isn’t a Cishet White dude and even they seem to have a rough time if they aren’t upper middle class.
US and more so Corporate entities as well. Its a mixed bag of shit.

@The Catboy NATO is a protective alliance created to unite the strength of the european states in their defense against invasion by Russia/Soviet Union.
It was a combination of the potential threat of the SU coming to relevance and the active prevention of what everyone had to deal with just a few years prior with World War 2. NATO is pretty much put in place so that if someone tries to invade a country in the EU again, they will immediately be met with a shitstorm with the power of several countries.

Honestly I wonder if somehow Taiwan gets in the middle of it at some point, because that has grounds to be an insane shitstorm in itself come long run.

Reactions: Cortador

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice, canada #1 :)
Btw, personally, i'm suprised AUSTRALIA made it on the list
I mean, there's danger everywhere in this country, everything's deadly there, the tinyest insect/spider could easily kill you
It's the same in canada i'd say, with bear and wolves, but you see them coming from far at least, in australia, you never know where the dangers are...

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
German women in major cities are afraid to go out alone at night. Chinese women are not. Germany got a security rating 65 or something and China of around 6.

The list is very subjective.

Also, since most of the countries in the list were built by Europeans, one might raise the question of white supremacy...

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Surprised how the US is only 6th.

We can own guns, that's a insta 1st place in my book.
The problem with the US is not that oneself can own guns, but that everyone else can, too.
I probably speak for a good few of my fellow Germans by saying that the bad thing about the German Autobahn is not that it exists, but that everyone can use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat