These are the new features of Mega Man Zero Collection

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by fgghjjkll, Jun 1, 2010.

1. fgghjjkll
    OP

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Mega Man Zero Collection compiles the four MMZ titles from back in the GBA days, and it was pretty obvious right from the onset that the DS release would be packing features that the four originals didn't have. Now, we can confirm that.

It's not much, but Capcom announced that these new features will be available for the Mega Man Zero Collection:

•Collection Mode: Players can collect wallpapers for the bottom screen, mod cards, and character cards. Character cards come with facts about characters in the Mega Man Zero series so you have a portable character dictionary of sorts. Mod cards are earned when modifying Zero.
    •Button configuration: You can customize the controls in Mega Man Zero Collection.
    •Easy Scenario mode: This is a “beginner friendly” version of the Mega Man Zero games where you go through Mega Man Zero 1 through 4 in order.

As expected, there's a collection mode for the usual collectibles, which isn't so bad for the Mega Man fan, but would disappoint players hoping for a fresh new re-release twist.

The date's set at June 8th for Mega Man Zero Collection to hit North American shores.
    Source

2. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Wow, June 8th? Looks like I'll be ordering from Play-asia again soon.

Megaman Zero Collection, Tetris Party Deluxe, and Mario Galaxy 2...I'm going to have a busy summer!

I wonder if Capcom will put in harsh Anti-piracy like that Megaman 1 remake...

3. GameDragon

GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

Dec 4, 2005
    United States
    New York
    Lol at Button Configuration being a new feature. Especially since they all already had that.

4. haflore

haflore aeternaliter fluxa

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    Excellent. I already knew a bit about the extra features, but I'm always happy to have more info.
    My friend'll also be happy to know there's a difficulty mode that won't result in broken DS's. [​IMG]

5. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    What the originals lacked was a Y/B button placement. The GBA/SP only have a B/A button placement which didn't let you comfortably charge and jump, or in other games like Mario, run and jump.

6. Canonbeat234

Canonbeat234 Redeemed Temper

Sep 24, 2008
    Game must have for me, also if I can find some store that sales Black Sigil

7. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Imoriata
    Craaap. This came up too soon. Gotta scrounge up $30...quickly... Couple that with the MMZ Official Complete Works coming in the mail in a few days...

8. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    [​IMG] So I can play it like I played ZX then.

Now onto to buy or to pirate. [​IMG]

Wasn't there some kind of event about linking to some other game that got you something special in the gba version? I wonder about that.

9. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

Jul 21, 2009
    United States
    Imoriata
    They'll probably make that wireless connectivity, hopefully. I personally won't pirate this. I loved the Zero series far too much.

10. OmerMe

OmerMe GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2007
    Iceland
    I don't like the Zero series so much, but I'll try to play this.
    I wish they would have added new bosses and such, it's a shame they didn't.
    I want MMX9 ;-;

11. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    the second most anticipated game in june according to gamefaqs
    i never got a real chance to test these games but when i played the DS one i liked it very much
    many will buy it rather than pirate

12. 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Mar 22, 2008
    Australia
    Side 7
    Wait, an Easy Mode? FINALLY! Zero 1 had me stuck on the first mission!

13. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Empty

Apr 19, 2010
    Greece
    well i have played Megaman zero 4 and finish it and i played 3 too but it was though well this game will be Awesome [​IMG]

14. fgghjjkll
    OP

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    No offence, but the first boss is fucking easy. If you're talking about the fist boss, slice his ead with your saber to kill him in one shot. If it's that bird garbage collecter boss, make sure you stay on the walls 90% of the time [​IMG]

15. thedicemaster

thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Apr 26, 2008
    Netherlands
    looks like this will get pretty much a single global release.
    US, JP, and EU release are according to gamefaqs all scheduled within the same week (8th, 10th, and 11th june)

16. Rockman GFF

Rockman GFF GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2005
    United States
  17. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
  18. Blaze163

Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

Nov 19, 2008
    Coventry, UK
    I'm really looking forward to this since I've bee struggling to get in to my RPG's lately. I seem to have developed temporary A.D.D or something, I just can't focus on anything aside from platforming, running, jumping, shooting simplistic 2D goodness. This is just what I need right now. Well, aside from my own tropical island, wallet thick enough to beat a whale to death and a night at the playboy mansion free of consequence.

Hopefully the AP won't be too harsh, my poor old Cyclo can't take much more punishment.

19. Rockman GFF

Rockman GFF GBAtemp Regular

Jul 29, 2005
    United States
    I think it's more of the reverse. Pay less for a profit of watered down originals. If it's just emulation with the Zero Collection, it's probably just cheaper to purchase the GBA ones used. If not that, then at least if you have the GBA ones you could use on GBA compatible systems and not just a DS or DS Lite, like the GB Player add-on for the GC if you wanted to play on the TV.

Coming from an avid collector. I really just think it could of been better like EXE OSS. And I probably will end up purchasing the Japanese Version one day when it's priced way down a year from now.

20. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    i plan on buying this game....

and pirating it.

playing these games bring back good memories [​IMG]