Thermaltake BlacX ST0005U - Does it work with USB Loader GX?

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by TehLexinator, Jun 2, 2009.

1. TehLexinator
    OP

TehLexinator GBAtemp Regular

Jun 1, 2009
    United States
    This Thermaltake BlacX ST0005U looks great. I am tired of unscrewing my enclosures to swap drives!

The newegg link with specs is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817153071

Would this thing allow me to rip games to it, and play games from it, on my softmodded Wii?
    Does anyone here have this? I checked the wiki and the previous version does not work, however no one confirmed it...

Thanks!

2. TehLexinator
    OP

Jun 1, 2009
    United States
    Well, I bought it. Should be here this Friday.

No one used this product before? Am I the only one that thinks a hot-swap enclosure is friggin awesome?

3. TehLexinator
    OP

Jun 1, 2009
    United States
    Crap. Well after two days of tinkering, it looks like this enclosure does not work. Tried to pair it with 3 different drives, and those same drives worked in my friends MadDog enclosure that he got off e-bay for like $5.

Stay away from this if you want to use it with a Wii. Otherwise it rules! Hot swapping drives = sexy.

4. Squeck

Squeck Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2009
    Italy
    Try to turn on the hd while the usbloader says "no usb device found".

5. riscpilot

riscpilot Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG] my Thermaltake BlacX ST0005U works fine with USB loader 1.5 and cover flow rc6. no issues with several drives.

[​IMG] one thing to have in mind is that I have always use fresh drives that I have formatted in the st0005u.
    I will try one of my old backup drives today to see what happends.

I will report back.