Apple There's one thing that bothers me

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd like to know if Apple can see everything that is on my iPod when I sync it with the PC. Let's say there are, besides official apps, some other that I *acquired* elsewhere.
Let's say I'm a honest person and gave Apple all my personal info when registering with iTunes. They know almost everything about me, including my credit card number.
Knowing all this makes me feel rather nervous as I would not want to piss off a big corporation.
How do you guys feel about this? Is it safe to have both official and unofficial apps on your device and sync it?

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no apple cant see everything when you sync in fact they see nothin. its hard to explain exactly what happens when you sync but ifish will be able to explain when he is on so just ask him.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Apple can tell if you have a cracked app. For example, I once tried to make an in-game puchase through a cracked app, I couldn't and got a message that I need to buy the app first. That's it. iTunes didn't even remove the app. Apple won't waste it's time tracking every cracked app, at least not yet. I'm not even sure if Apple can withdraw money from your account without your permission.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I'm "resurrecting" this thread a bit, as I have another important question.
Or 2. Or even 3.
With 4.2 update incoming, what does actually happen when the firmware update is out and I try to connect my iPod to the PC?

Will it refuse to cooperate with iTunes until I update the firmware?

If I decide to wipe out the JB by restoring the device, is the JB totally untraceable after restore?
Meaning, if I want to bring the device to a service shop for repair or something (just a hypothetical situation), is there a way for them to find out if it was jailbroken?

Again, thanks for any answers and please bear in mind I am new to this.

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you connect your ipod to your computer, you will be asked if you want to update (you won't be forced to do so)
Older firmwares work with iTunes (some people still have 3.1.2)
After a restore, there will be absolutely no trace of the jailbreak whatsoever (you can probably fool an employee by hiding the icons...)
Last thing, if you update as soon as 4.2 is released, you will get tethered (can't turn your ipod back on without plugging it into an computer and running something). So wait for something that untetheres it to be released before updating your ipod (it will probably be mentioned in the jailbreak guide)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: