Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have the option right now to get a 2,000 Wii Points Card, or a $20 Best Buy gift card. Problem is, I don't know which to do o.O"
I mean, I own SM64 + OoT, I finished 64 but I hate OoT, so didn't play past finishing the Water Temple. But is there really any other good VC games?

I'm thinking SMB3, but other than that I dunno. I don't have a CC controller, so I think SNES games are out, otherwise I'd download SMW in a heartbeat because I never played it before. But can someone recommend another game?
Maybe if DLC for GH3 comes out I could use Wii Points as well, because I'm getting it for the Wii for Christmas. But I dunno, help?

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Um - it's called Pokemon Snap for N64!

I heard of that new title
biggrin.gif

Any good?

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's five billion good virtual title games. Here's a bunch that are without a doubt among the best games of all time!

I've left out the SNES ones due to your controller issues, which is a real shame since it has the best games overall out of any system ever made.

NES:
Castlevania
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. The lost levels
Super Mario Bros. 3
Zelda 2: The Adventures of Link

Sega Genesis:
Gunstar Heroes
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3

N64:
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time (You hate this so your obviously deranged)
smile.gif

Mario Kart 64
Super Mario 64 (you already have this)
Star Fox 64

And these are just the utterly fantastic virtual console titles currently available. Theres' dozens of amazing games I didn't mention because they're a bit below all the ones on that list.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's five billion good virtual title games. Here's a bunch that are without a doubt among the best games of all time!

I've left out the SNES ones due to your controller issues, which is a real shame since it has the best games overall out of any system ever made.

NES:
Castlevania
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. The lost levels
Super Mario Bros. 3

Sega Genesis:
Gunstar Heroes
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3

N64:
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time (You hate this so your obviously deranged)
smile.gif

Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64

And these are just the utterly fantastic virtual console titles currently available. Theres' dozens of amazing games I didn't mention because they're a bit below all the ones on that list.

Thanks, I'll look into those. And I'm not deranged, lol. I started enjoying it at first, but then it just got frustrating. I don't see how people really see it as the greatest game of all time, I think SMG deserves that title. It's an alright game, don't mean I hate it..but it fell below my expectations when everyone was gloating about it. I think that's what ruined it for me :\

Anyway, I WOULD get a CC, but they can't even function themselves, so it'll be useless for Brawl. Also, I don't really wanna waste $20 for a controller that I'd only use for old school games, which isn't even THAT often.

Get the gift card and get yourself a cheap GC controller, then you open up a whole bunch more buying options for yourself on the VC in the future.

I do have a GC controller, 2 of them, lol. And also 2 Wii remotes.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You never played SMW?
ohmy.gif
You really are missing one of the best games of all time.
The same goes for Super Metroid. If you never played it, get it
wink.gif

EDIT: Yes, you can use a GC Controller for SNES games.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyway, I WOULD get a CC, but they can't even function themselves, so it'll be useless for Brawl. Also, I don't really wanna waste $20 for a controller that I'd only use for old school games, which isn't even THAT often.

Sorry I dont understand what you mean ?

As far as I know you can use the CC (Classic controller) on SSBB

anyone else confirm this ?

Anyway : on topic now !

If youre looking for nes games (to use the wii remote turned sideways) then check out all the Mario games (SMB3 is the best imo)

But also look into the Zelda and Link games ! Classics !

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry I dont understand what you mean ?

As far as I know you can use the CC (Classic controller) on SSBB

anyone else confirm this ?

Anyway : on topic now !

If youre looking for nes games (to use the wii remote turned sideways) then check out all the Mario games (SMB3 is the best imo)

But also look into the Zelda and Link games ! Classics !

@coops024: Yes, you can use the Classic Controller for Brawl. @1Sailor: You can use the GC controller for VC games. It's not uncomfortable at all depending on the game. SMW for example, is quite difficult to play with it as the run buttons are behind your jump buttons but other then that it's fine. Also, I've had the CC for the past while and it's great. Very comfortable to hold and use and the buttons feel excellent. Wish I had this controller years ago
tongue.gif

On topic: I'd like to add to Pigwooly's list since SNES games are back on the table and I've got some great games to add as well:

NES:
Castlevania
Kid Icarus
Kirby's Adventure
Legend of Zelda
Metroid
Ninja Gaiden
Ninja Gaiden 2
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels
Super Mario Bros. 3

Super Nintendo:
Super Castlevania 4
Super Metroid
Super Mario World
TLOZ: A Link of the Past

Sega Genesis:
Ristar (Not sure if anyone has played this one before but it's awesome
smile.gif
)
Gunstar Heroes
Sonic the Hedgehog (What's wrong with this one?!?! Ha.)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog 3

N64:
TLOZ: Ocarina of Time (You hate this so your obviously deranged)
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
Sin and Punishment (Must download...)
Paper Mario

- Fitzy

inde

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gcmods.org
XP
Country
i like the vc, have only got a few games for it tho which are mostly n64 games.
i have them all on n64 but it was packed away looong ago and cant really spare the room to have it set up ^^.
my gf bought me a classic controller for one of my birthday presents last year so thought i better put it to good use.

got:

mario64
starfox
wave race
zelda oot
mario kart
paper mario

also i had 2 free nes games from the nintendo star points that have accumilated over the years.
would have got another n64 game but there wasnt really any i wanted.

super mario bros
mario bros 2

wasnt happy with the nes games tho, colours look kinda dull.
nes games actually look better on an emulator in my opinion.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so far I came down to 3 games that I really want. And it's between Kirby's Adventure, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, or Sonic the Hedgehog 3. Dunno which of the two Sonic's is better really, since people argue differently :\
Help?

D

Deleted User

"Kirby's Adventure" is just great, I got that myself. I haven't bothered downloading "Sonic 3", but I downloaded "Sonic 1" and "Sonic 2". I don't know if 3 is better than 2 or vice versa.

Sorry I mis-read "don't have a CC" as "don't have a GC" controller.

Well can't you play SNES games using the GC controller?Â
unsure.gif

I think you can, but I heard from someone that it's very uncomfortable. Is that even true?
wink2.gif

I don't trust the intranet these days.

The GC controller felt very uncomfortable playing "Donkey Kong Country" and "Legend of the Mystical Ninja" (the only SNES games I got on VC). That's why I put SNES games on hold until I get a Classic Controller.

QUOTE(Hadrian @ Dec 19 2007, 01:15 PM)Theres some very good PC Engine/TurboGraphx games that people overlook.

Try looking at the essential list, its in its early stage but should give you some idea:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=48431
You got the wrong link Hadrian (can't believe nobody noticed this until now).

The correct link is: Virtual Console: Essentials

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Kirby's Adventure" is just great, I got that myself. I haven't bothered downloading "Sonic 3", but I downloaded "Sonic 1" and "Sonic 2". I don't know if 3 is better than 2 or vice versa.

Really? It's good? Downloaded!
biggrin.gif

Wait, how's Sonic 2? As in a game itself, and also against Kirby
wink2.gif

D

Deleted User

Really? It's good? Downloaded!
biggrin.gif

Wait, how's Sonic 2? As in a game itself, and also against Kirby
wink2.gif
Both Sonic downloads were more of a nostalgic nature since I played the first one a lot when I was younger and when a friend visited me, we dl'ed the second one as he has been playing this for ages on his Mega Drive. I think Sonic 2 is fun because it remains the charme of the original without adding too much new stuff. The pseudo 3D in one of the two player modes is also nice (and fun)!

A comparison of Sonic and Kirby feels a bit strange though. Here's a try, Sonic has much faster gameplay and isn't as easy as Kirby, but Kirby has this wicked charme I always loved and for one of the last NES games it really rocks imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    StatusN @ StatusN: hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works...