There's like 3 """Definitive""" Wii-U Hacking Guides

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Sabishinbo, May 30, 2017.

1. Sabishinbo
    OP

Sabishinbo GBAtemp Regular

Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    Which one is truly the best of the best?

2. masenko

masenko Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2007
    Nottingham, England
  3. Sabishinbo
    OP

Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    >its not a troll link
    I'll be damned, thanks famalam. The /hbg/ Op pastebin makes no mention of this excellent-looking guide. To the high seas I venture!

masenko likes this.
  4. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Custom Title

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Western Australia
  5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I actually clicked "Watch thread" after seeing the second post, expecting him to come by :P

kikongokiller likes this.
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Are you being serious??? Lol that guide is pretty much hated by all members of this site for the lack of information in it. It misses out vital things and does not actually explain why you are doing things it just tells you to do them.

duwen likes this.
  7. Sabishinbo
    OP

Sep 27, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, I skimmed through the ita bit and it seems to be missing information on how to run games that I totally own legally from a USB.
    That said, it still seems to be a pretty good guide.

8. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Custom Title

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    Western Australia
  9. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    You can't fail with that guide (well except if you're an idiot) so yeah, you'll manage to get a working setup, no problem. But if you have no clue what that setup actually is, you may break everything later. That's why guides that explain what's everything are preferred to guides that "just" tell you how to install everything.

10. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    I second WiiU.guide, and who cares if it doesn't explain everything about how it works, it just works and that's all most people need to know. It doesn't bog you down with info you don't need.

11. ov3rkill

ov3rkill GBAtemp Maniac

May 10, 2009
    Australia
    in a cardboard box
    Browserhax + Mocha CFW is enough. No need for haxchi if you're not willing to shell out some money to buy a DS VC game.

http://www.wiiubru.com/guide/browserhax/

If you want to proceed for haxchi, again, you'll need to buy a DS VC game as listed on the guide.

Felek666 and kikongokiller like this.
  12. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yeah lots of info you don't need until you come back and post "I did this, and I did this, and now I have a brick! Help me and don't lecture me for not having a proper nand backup cause I don't know what the hell I'm doing"

@op there are many more than just 3 guides. There's not a one size fits all solutions. Do your research and educate yourself and don't take advice from people recommending a complete step by step wanting to have your hand held. From someone who's been on the scene from day one I promise you'll regret it later.

Last edited by Kafluke, May 30, 2017
    Billy Acuña and Marko76 like this.
  13. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    wiiu.guide has a nand backup section and it marks in red everything to avoid so you don't brick so don't see the hate necessary

14. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    It was only recently added. Took them weeks to add something so important. It's not hate just redirection. Slow to update and not good enough to explain what you are doing. There are better guides

Billy Acuña, Felek666 and Marko76 like this.
  15. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    I was in school the time he wrote that.
    Anyways, anyone recommending blindly wiiu.guide will only make people stupid.
    I know someone will tag me and say "It's plailect, nothing can go wrong!" yes, it can go wrong. He doesn't even own a fucking Wii U and yet makes such uninformed shit [read: guide].

I suggest following wiiubru.com/guide. Written and tested. With that guide, you will know everything after you're done hacking your Wii U.

16. Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2015
    Mexico
    Follow any guide (inclusive YT videos) before wiiu.guide, that is all you need to know.

Marko76 likes this.
  17. coolfuze

coolfuze GBAtemp Fan

Jun 25, 2013
    The most recent brick was a guy following a YouTube video. Wiiu.guide atleast tells you that you need a legit VC game otherwise you'll brick. If this guy followed the site he wouldn't have had this issue.