Homebrew There's is a chance to make an NEOGEO or MAME emulator for 3ds?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't see the point in asking "Is there a chance of emulator ______ on 3DS?". There aren't many people inclined on investing their precious time to code emulators for the 3DS, let me tell you. So while it's possible, it would probably take a long time until somebody decides to tackle this. It's not just a question of horsepower.

I heard words about Retroarch on 3DS being looked on, but I doubt it'll even run the FBA core at all. At the very least there'll be Gambatte, Beetle PCE fast and FCEUmm. Maybe even TempGBA if we're lucky.

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
I don't see the point in asking "Is there a chance of emulator ______ on 3DS?". There aren't many people inclined on investing their precious time to code emulators for the 3DS, let me tell you. So while it's possible, it would probably take a long time until somebody decides to tackle this. It's not just a question of horsepower.

I heard words about Retroarch on 3DS being looked on, but I doubt it'll even run the FBA core at all. At the very least there'll be Gambatte, Beetle PCE fast and FCEUmm. Maybe even TempGBA if we're lucky.
Then, how can i learn to do this and try by my self to code an neogeo emulator?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
^
I'm no coder, but let me tell you: It's not easy, and if you're willing to learn this for a hobby it'll end up consuming every bit of free time you have or else you'll get nowhere. I'm also interested in developing emulators and console homebrew in the future, since I'm tired of just being a leecher and I'd love to learn how to manipulate software to satisfy my own needs - so I'm investing on that currently. I've started a Comp Sci college graduation this year and hopefully I'll be able to do some cool stuff 4 years or so from now.

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
The DS had a near fullspeed emulator. NeoDS. The horsepower are therefore no problem. Despite that fact are Sizednochi correct about the timeinvestment that is needed. there will probably take 100s of hours for a great coder or for a beginner 1000s of hours to 'perfect' emulators like neo geo. The horsepower is obviously the limit in many cases. Near fullspeed Dreamcast emulation will never happen on a 3ds etc. But as the underpowered ds could do near perfect neo geo and genesis it shows that talent and timeinvestment is VERY important for the quality of emulators. I guess neo geo emulation will happen one day on the 3ds. there are two different neo geo pocket color in the works right now. So there are interest in SNK emulators in the 3ds scene at least!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: